Bootstrap 5 is here

Oh well we were one day off :man_shrugging::sweat_smile:

Looks like Bootstrap 5 is officially here!

The official release build of Bootstrap 5 will be included in 4.2.1 beta build 1 (coming this Friday) :sunglasses:

18 Likes

@Norm Great :partying_face:

Question 1: Does this mean BS 5 in Blocs 4.2.1 can then be used for productive projects?

Question 2: Will the new features of BS 5 be fully integrated in Blocs? Meaning if we start a new project directly on BS 5 framework (I know updating an existing project requirers some actions) are all the new features just there and usable? f.e. the new features for the forms, new accordion, offcanvas?

@Norm It’s possible to add file input into the forms in Blocs? Can you update the default Brics?

1 Like

The front end part doesn’t do anything, it will simply let you select a file, the back end logic needs to be handled on the server side to actually transport the file to your server and there are various security considerations, so I’m afraid, its not as simply as it looks.

Q1. Yes, but not the beta version of Blocs 4.2.1. Also don’t forget BS5 drops support for many browsers and it is the initial release.

Q2. The framework will be included but not every Bootstrap feature will have a visual set of controls within Blocs, this is the same for Bootstrap 4 and Blocs.

2 Likes

But you still can add any bootstrap class to the class manager and it will work. I’ve only recently started using badges wich are a cool feature in some cases. Just add the the classes to the class manager and the magic happens.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the warning icons for brics that might not work with BS5. It would be good to work out which ones are OK or due to be updated shortly, vs those that will not be suitable for BS5.

All of ours have been updated. I’m not sure about 3rd parties.

Hi @Norm, you might want to check the extension updater. There’s a few of your extensions not updating properly.

Thanks for the answer @Norm

I will keep that in mind :+1:

Is there a guide for us designers and no-coders, how to use the features that are not visually implemented?

Edit: Just saw your post @Jerry, thank you!

Is it really that easy? As a visual guy it’s really hard for me to imagine :sweat_smile:

A lot of my bricks didn’t work after updating. Search, easy burger, and others. Really irritating

Hi @Recce43, I’m not able to duplicate the same issues you have. @Norm’s Search and @PeteSharp’s Easy Burger work like a charm on Bootstrap 5 for me.