BricsDesign

BricsDesign has now launched and is now offering free custom brics for the Blocs community.

FAQ - Provides a simple way to provide sets of Frequently Asked Questions with a custom question and answer that’s revealed on click. Can also be used as a simple Accordion.

Phone - Provides a simple way for your visitors to call you directly on their smart phone.

Same Height - Provides a simple control to set a class so all elements in a row with that class will be have a uniform height applied to them.

Keep on Building with Blocs !

Bill
BricsDesign

5 Likes

Just Updated Same Height to v1.1.0 - Should now dynamic change height based on window resizing. Just go to my site & download the new version. BricsDesign

2 Likes

Another update for Same Height to v1.2.0 - Hopefully should now run on page load. Download new version at BricsDesign

Hi Bill - Thanks for the FAQ bric. I’ve downloaded it (with a $15 donation), and I see it in my Extension Manager, but not in the Drop tray, so I can’t seem to use it. This is my first day with Blocs, so learning curve is steep…any suggestions on how to make the FAQ available? Thanks!

Hello Daniel! Welcome to the community!

Although with custom bric it will be a little bit faster, you can create the FAQ section using the built-in brics in Blocs as well. Check out this video to see how I did that.

Also, if you haven’t already, take a look at my free Getting Started with Blocs course. It might help you with the learning curve.

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Hi Eldar – Thank you so much for the welcome!

The video link is very informative, and if I’m correct you can then style and even add a text link or other elements within the ‘answer’ areas for more functionality?? This is what I’m able to do with my Muse site right now…

And yes, your intro videos are really well done, and after I digest them I’m certain to purchase your more advanced ones. As a current Muse user, now a first time Bloc purchaser, I’m beginning the process of migrating to a new option to maintain my one and only website, which you can see here: (http://www.danielfactor.com).

The functionality I’m hoping to replicate with Blocs is the Accordion widget & the Tab Panel widgets, which provide a lot of styling options; and then the Blog Widget I have, which came from QooQee, which places inside Muse a styled-blog template, uploaded and hosted on my Host Server, and then managed by an in-browser CSM interface where post are edited and uploaded. Pretty cool…

I’m hoping in the coming year, Blocs will gain this functionality, if it does not already. :slight_smile:
In the meantime, I’m a fan your tutorials and will certainly continue to explore what you produce! Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

You are absolutely right.

I like your website, very clean! As you probably already know, there is no a straightforward way in Blocs to replicate the accordion functionality you have, but overall I am sure Blocs will surprise you with what you can do with it.

I’m not a coder, but If you need any help with Blocs’s functionality, I am always happy to help!

Cheers,
Eldar

thank you Eldar…much appreciated.

And yes, my understanding at the moment is that the styling capabilities in Blocs is not quite where my current Tabs & Accordion widgets (Muse speak…which translates into bric in Blocs) are. The Tabs came from a Muse-Theme template I had purchased called Mandate, which was a great starting point for my site. As a template builder yourself, if you haven’t already explored them, you will find great inspiration there, as well as several other Muse 3rd party sites.

And so I’ve also purchased Pinegrow Pro, because it comes with Bootstrap components, which I believe includes a bunch of panels, and it has CMS functionality for static websites, which I can have hosted on my Host Server when I’m ready to learn how to do that (if I’m not mistaken).

I will learn how to work between these platforms - Blocs & Pinegrow – to hopefully cover the full capabilities I need and will lose when Muse finally sinks. In the meantime, since that’s over a year from now, Blocs is sure to be enhanced with folks like you to help Norm and the community and Pinegrow will also continue onwards!

It’s an interesting time…

New version 1.3.0 of Same Height - available at my site: BricDesign

Thanks to Bootsie for helping me figure out the problem.
Note: You will need to uninstall the old version using the Extension Manager. I’d then save & close the project, then open the project up again & use Extension Manager to install the new version.

Thanks, Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes

Perfect, works fine. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just released v1.1.0 of FAQ available at my site: BricsDesign

This optional control (Close other answers) adds a close all others functionality: i.e. when one question is revealed all other answers open will be closed.

Note: You will need to uninstall the old version using the Extension Manager. I’d then save & close the project, then open the project up again & use Extension Manager to install the new version.

Thanks, Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes

Also released v1.1.0 of Phone available at my site: BricsDesign

The version removes a small left margin glitch when no icon is chosen.

Thanks, Bill
BricsDesign

Hi Bill – this is great. One question/suggestion: the auto-close feature I tested on your website, opens smoothly, and the auto-close function ‘snaps’ back at a faster speed.

Could the auto-close be set to be the same speed as the open rate?

Thanks again for your hard work! :slight_smile:

Hi @DanielF
Yes, I noticed that too - very strange, as I couldn’t get it to be smoother. I’ll take a look again when I have some more time.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like