Bulk Import of Hosted Assets

I’m glad that Forklift works so well, but I’m using Cyberduck. And there must be something fundamentally wrong with the way that Bulk Import of Hosted Asset tries to import a sequence of urls because not only doesn’t it work, but the Asset Manager goes into an endless loop that can only be recovered by quitting Blocs and restarting.

I’m using Blocs 4.2.2. Importing assets one at a time works. Ergo: Cyberduck is passing along valid URLs.

But attempt to pass in a bunch of URLs like these:

and click the Add button and Blocs selects \n as the separator and then literally nothing happens. I can sit and wait forever and there’s no error message and no importing. Yet, I can (and indeed for now must) import each of those URLs individually and it all works fine.

I’ve tried pasting into BBEdit and then re-copying but that makes no difference.

I can click the Add button till the cows come home and nothing happens.

But, if I change the separator to anything else (including \r or space-\n) then I get the message that The bulk import could not be used and no valid URL were identified. (Should that be “was”?) And if I then click OK, the Asset Manager puts up the circling arrows from which the only escape is to quit and restart.

So, there’s a bug here. If Cyberduck isn’t supported for this operation, so be it. But it should not be possible to render the app unusable with this sequence of actions.

Perhaps I should be reporting this as a bug.

Dave

Ah, the URLs were interpreted correctly by the forum software, so why can’t Blocs do it?

Dave

PS: This is a long-standing problem and not new with 4.2.2

Update: Blocs did in fact succeed in importing the first of the images. Then it died as described above.