Can this split screen style work in Blocs?

Hi guys,

Just seeing if it’s possible to create this style in Blocs - and how the best way would be to create it.

From the link below if you scroll down the right side, this triggers images on the left hand side.

Also the right hand side has a slider which I need to create but the images I will need to be able to link them and possibility on adding text on them…maybe I could do this on the image itself in pixelmator, but still need them to slide like this and be able to add a link to the images - I will look at the slider options which I had sent today, but I take it the Owl carousel would not do this?

Link: https://www.grandprix.com.au/hospitality-tickets

Navigation will be at the top - so its just the left and right screen and scroll and the slider on the right!

Hi @AdieJAM, @Eldar created a template with a fixed left column. I believe the template is called October.

1 Like

There has been a few past discussions seen here. But none entirely relative to what you have expressed and the example which you have shown. There are some new things in Blocs 4 which may help further since the times of those older threads.

1 Like

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting - just had a look, it works a little different, if you scroll down on the right side, then the left side flicks a new image up.

The menu will be at the top on this one I am looking at. i believe the way Blocs 4 is not with parallax is i cant stack the image now like before - so i will try other ways now too.

I wish I had clients who wanted simple sites !!! but its sure interesting !

you need to use Ajax for that but Blocs is not the best solution

1 Like

I sure there is a way…i wouldn’t know how to do it - but I guess something like when the right side travels down a set size, it triggers the left image to come in.

i will play with parallax settings a bit more.

Thanks too @EffexorXR, I am hoping I can do this in Blocs4 or something pretty close to it.
My client is open to things that come close to it.

thanks for posting.

Yeah - I hope so…I have played around a little and cant do it as a fixed image where at a certain point a new one slides in,.

They are using the CSS style Transform with the translate Y property to create the effect. You just need to add a trigger and have a class apply to the image which causes it to slide up with a transition.

You could do this in Blocs, but it would take a bit of work to structure the layout, write the javascript and the CSS.

1 Like

Many things become possible then. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes :rofl:

1 Like