Card Designer bric and Swiper Bric conflicting

So it won’t really happen then lol. Actually you can do pretty much everything you can do on swiper with bloc’s carousel :slight_smile:

You just do not get the slide effects and some minor things. I hope its fixed regardless. Its a paid bric and conflicts as such should be resolved.

3 Likes

Just use Swiper Demos and do it yourself. You can always design it on blocs and after copy past the code into the swiper but I think @Norm should pay a bit more of attention to what he allows on the blocs store because to be waiting since May for a developer to fix something that it shouldn’t being there in the first place, I think it’s a bit unacceptable …

2 Likes

I agree - its a hard one for Norm though…i guess its a case of, if it does not work - then its taken off the bloc store - or the payment section is taken off with a sign saying its being re-worked or updated, till the developer makes the change then bring it back.

But this does not help those that have paid for it - Maybe @Norm looks after all payments for the apps and and takes a commission like Apple do - but only a small one and he can enforce a refund from the developer if their is a genuine issue with the app…i really don’t know!!
or Norm gets given the whole design and sells it and gives 90% money to the developer and Norm and developer can make changes if need be - and if Norm makes the change he then only gives 80% to the developer if they dont do a fix/update in 30 days of the issue?..i don’t know ! - just thinking out loud !

If the bric was free, then I will say there is no obligation to resolve issues. That is not the case, this is a paid bric. It is only right to resolve issues in a timely manner. With such a long delay, it only tells the end user and buyer’s concerns are not respected or valued and that is not good business. Personally you will loose my interest in purchasing anything regardless of how great your idea or bric is, if your customer service is poor, its not worthy.

AND yes, there should be some sort of regulation regarding developers, paid brics and end users. This can not continue.

2 Likes

Guys I’ll take a look and try to address the issue as soon as I return from vacations by the next month.

On a quick note I see that each bric is loading a different version of the Swiper library, which may also be the reason for conflicts. On a perfect scenario just one instance of a library should be loaded on a page and this is definitely something that we could discuss with Norm about.

Be cool, be heathy, see you soon.

5 Likes

It is indeed hard to quality check and cross check any third party code with that of others, every time something new is added to the store.

We dont make any money from the Blocs store (from the sale of third party items), we list them in good faith that the developers will be professional and support the products they sell.

Im sure @Lucas will get this addressed once he arrives back from vacation. @Lucas please contact me via the dev group if you require any additional info on the matter :+1:

Hi guys, I’m working on the issue and hope to get the new version by the next week or so :crossed_fingers:

Both brics are working fine together now but under circumstances, as namespacing the brics is not enough in my view: still two different versions of the same library are being loaded on the page, which is already a recipe for disaster.

I’ll let you know when it’s ready and will include more details, probably on a new post.

Cheers,
Lucas

5 Likes

Hello! So your way of fixing the issue its by releasing a new version of Swiper Home
where we need to purchase it again with a 30% off?
@Norm this is unacceptable!

3 Likes

@Lucas Kindly clarify.
I thought you were fixing the card design issue in version 1 and having version 2 as a separate paid update. Do we have to pay for an issue to be fixed?? How is that logical?

3 Likes