Carousel nav controls blocs 4.0

I am having trouble modifying the carousel nav control class (carousel navigation arrows). I opened a Blocs 3 project where it worked, but it no longer works in Blocs 4. I tried editing the .carousel-nav-controls class as well as adding code to the code in the Page Settings panel but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

I’ve just been playing around with Blocs 4 and ran into this issue immediately. Wondering what else I’ll run into…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s something that’s going to be fixed soon enough. As always with a .0 version of any software… once released to the public the users will find and notice bugs that the beta testers didn’t.

The knowledge base is a good place to check. This article regarding v3 and v4 project differences explains what has changed.

It’s not a bug, they now use SVG icons not icon fonts.

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/migrate-a-blocs-v3-project-to-blocs-v4/#carousel-lightbox-and-scroll-to-top-ui-icons

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve checked out the link and info on that class, but it doesn’t mention how to adjust the size, just the color. I’m wanting to adjust the size. How do I do that? Thanks Norm.

Did you try the metric size controls? Width height etc

1 Like

I tried to adjust the dimensions but it adjusted the position instead. I tried changing the color of the vector fill (just to see if I could see a change) but nothing…

I found a way to get at them to adjust them by adding a CSS rule for the .carousel-nav-icon class in the HTML area of the Page Settings inspector. Here you can see I’ve changed the color to a golden yellow and increased the thickness. Is there an easier way Norm?

I am unable to adjust the size as yet… I’ve tried using the metric dimensions, and that only adjusted the position. I’ve tried editing the .carousel-nav-icon class using font-size: and height: and width: but no success. Any suggestions?

Hi @Creative, I’m trying to replicate your challenge. When I’m trying the class you’re using I have no results. I’ve tried as well the classes: .carousel-control-prev and .carousel-control-next. All adjustments seem to work, except… for changing the colour of the previous / next button. @Norm, any ideas to get us in the right direction?

Guys the docs are the old ones for carousel. I’ve updated them.

Use the class editor SVG stroke controls to set thickness and colour. They don’t have fill only strokes.

Text options no longer work on these as they are svg.

I’ve set the colour to red and the stroke width to 5.

Also remember the subclass names have changed too carousel-nav-controls is replaced by carousel-nav-icon

5 Likes

Where is the setting to adjust the size of the SVG icons?

Unfortunately I never tested resizing. The width and height controls in the metric section may work. I’ll need to double check as I’m not sure if the new icons have hard coded width and height on the html tags.

1 Like

Is that a difficult thing for your team to configure? Thanks Norm.

And again, neither the color or the stroke setting are working for me in the SVG panel in the class editor.

Works flawlessly for me:

2 Likes

Could you share a screen shot of the class editor ( svg settings) and the carousel arrow please.

1 Like

Here you go Norm. I colored the fill and stroke bright green and gave a 25px stroke just to easily demonstrate that the arrows were not affected.

Hi @Creative, you’re using the wrong class. You’ll need to replace the class with: .carousel-nav-icon. From there you should fine!

1 Like

Like I mentioned the class name has changed.

1 Like

And it’s clearly visible on the screenshots in this thread.

1 Like