Catalina, 10 year Old Mac and Blocs 5

I have been having crashing problems with B5 on my ageing kit. Auto reports sent off to apple . Plus I have come across the webP issue. I see these things mentioned by others here on this forum.
Does sending the reports to apple mean they might fix the problems as they are obviously not under Norms control ?
Perhaps the answer is to just fast-forward plans to buy the latest iMac.
Aside from that I am enjoying this 5 update - Many thanks to Norm, great work.
Richard
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) Catalina 10.15.7

Do you have Blocs V5.0.1 it has a bunch of fixes for Catalina.

I use a 2012 Mac mini with Catalina and have no problems on Blocs 5.0.1.

There are no issues with webP images other than Safari on Catalina and all macOS’s before don’t display webP images. Chrome and Firefox do.

So you have access to a system that can check for correct delivery of images. Mac users with newer macOS’s do not have this valuable tool.

IMPORTANT Use jpg images only and allow Blocs to create webP and everyone that visits your site will be able to view your site images.

Hello Norm. I do have V5.0.1 but have not as yet given it a sustained run. But so far the problems have abated and the one crash was probably me clicking around to fast.

Hi - thanks for the explanation. Using jpgs, or pngs, has been my only method as I did not know webP images existed. I lead a sheltered retirement life. They popped into my world when some failed to open in certain templates I was looking into to take apart in the hope that they would reveal their secrets ! So now I know. About the webPs anyway, not so much the secrets.
R