Change burger to "menu"

Is there a simple way of swapping out the hamburger menu symbol for a custom element?

I’d like to change it to a button with the text “menu” in it – so I can either create an svg or style via css if needed. Any suggestions?

If you don’t mind the symbol icon
Capture d’écran 2024-05-17 à 19.11.18

It’s simply there :
Capture d’écran 2024-05-17 à 19.11.25

Indeed, curious, it is “text only” and there are both.

You can put the icon’c color same as the bg ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait, what am I missing? I don’t see those options.

(and I’d like to remove the symbol altogether, perhaps doable with a “hidden” in a special class if there’s no default support for it)

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 10.24.52

Click on the blue “line”,

Then right frame, and scroll down until this :

You then can put “MENU”,

And for making disapearing the icon (curiously it stays even with “Text only”…), there are many “diy” tricks but not “proper” :

• displacing it outside (margin…)
  • same color as you menu bg / opacity 0 (if you ok with css ?)
  • or why not changing it with an FA icon you may appreciate better ? Or a tranparent .png image ?
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-18 à 11.16.10

…in fact, if you don’t care it isn’t “proper” and want to make fast, just seen this (what i’d do in this case) : the Alpha (bottom A) to 0

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I will update Easy Burger in a couple of days to resolve that. :smile:

1 Like

I think they are talking about the Easy Burger bric, where you are looking at using just blocs without the bric.

2 Likes

Ahhhh ok, he wrote “hamburger menu” ; didn’t know at all that it is (then if i understand well) a “generic” expression.
Off course I spoke about this Easy Burger Bric | Blocs Builder @monocultured

Indeed “hamburger menu” isn’t “Burger”, my fault, sorry then for adding confusion.

But so much easier using the brilliant easy burger though! Great bric

1 Like

Ah ok, so it’s not something available in vanilla Blocs – thanks for clearing it up, was going a bit mad trying to find the menu…

Ugly brute force solution for now – suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated:

1. Add custom css

.custom-toggler {
background-color: transparent;
font-size: 1.4rem;
color: var(–swatch-var-441);
text-transform: uppercase;
font-family: ‘Bebas Neue’, sans-serif;
transition: color 0.3s;
}

.custom-toggler:hover {
color: #CCA4A4!important; }

2. Search and replace via a script in BBedit

<button id> […]

with

<button class="navbar-toggler custom-toggler" type="button" data-bs-toggle="collapse" data-bs-target="#navbarNav" aria-controls="navbarNav" aria-expanded="false" aria-label="Toggle navigation"> Menu
</button>