Colleagues, who uses which CMS? Particularly interested in those in conjunction with Blox 4 - or those that are easy to integrate. I have read almost all the topics that we have on the forum. But neither the answer to my question or a clear recommendation, I have not found.
Now briefly about my problem - I need to make a few sites for various investment firms - and that users can change the content there on their own. All sites will be in several languages - about three. That is, the global footer will only be on the pages with English language - in other language versions, the footer will not be global. I wonder how VOLT CMS will work in this situation?
Here are all the options that Blocs itself offers to choose from:
1. Wordpress - would not want to mess with but as an option. I’m probably crooked but after several attempts to do something - I somehow didn’t quite get it - I still don’t understand how to create working themes and how users can then conveniently and simply edit the content. It turns out that we just do the theme for Worpress - and I understand that changes in the structure of the site should be done carefully.
2. October CMS Quite a complicated thing as I understand. You won’t be able to start it with a click of a button. Enough modern but do not want to hunt kilometre guide to smoke. 9 euros a year for the site - you can buy once and for all. There is a free fork - Winter CMS. Seems to be alive - it probably can be used for experiments.
3. Cushy is outdated paid rubbish. I don’t intend to use it.
4. Surreal seems cheap do not understand what is it. Seems to have fairly handy admin panel and free license for non-commercial projects. I will give it a try.
5. Pulse - also commercial, but seemingly modern. There is detailed documentation exactly in connection with Blocs https://docs.pulsecms.com/1.0/getting-started/making-templates/using-blocs-for-making-templates. I would buy it as an alternative, but it has enormous price tag 300 USD per year and free plan does not allow to use it at full extent. So, we regretfully cross it out.
6. Volt CMS the only thing not a subscription - 100 euros. But the possibility of a very primitive, let’s say. A file, for example, the user can not upload through an interface. Or am I wrong?
7. Сouch CMS - there is no direct integration with Blocs 4 but it seems easy enough to add support for this CMS to the site. And the great advantage that CMS does not interfere with the template of the static site. I had no experience with it yet. Judging by the required version of PHP is not very modern. But it is completely free if you do not need White Lablel.
Which CMS would you recommend to have a look at? A wider functionality than the one I have written will not be needed yet.