Cookie Consent Bar

Hey everyone, I’m after a little bit of advice.

On most sites I’ve developed I’ve incorporated a Cookie Policy bar that has been generated from the Insites website. In Dreamweaver or Muse I’ve simply dropped the code into the header, and the bar appears site-wide.

In my Blocs project I went to the Page Settings for each page, clicked Add Code, and pasted the Insites generated code into the Header there. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be able to see the cookie bar, if I preview the project in a browser, but it certainly doesn’t appear. Nor does it appear when I export the project.

What am I doing wrong? I’m sure it’s something simple. Can anyone point me in the right direction please!? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I’ve actually answered my own question here.

What I was doing in Blocs was correct, except the cookie policy bar doesn’t appear until the site has been uploaded to the server. I was expected to see it when I previewed the site in a browser, or reviewed the local HTML files in a browser.

At least I now know what’s going on, and perhaps this question may help others in the future.

3 Likes