Countdown Timer

Hi everyone! I’ve been looking for a countdown timer solution for Blocs and stumbled on to this option from https://www.w3schools.com > W3Schools Tryit Editor. It seems to be the ideal solution after trying a whole bunch of other alternatives.

The only challenge now is that I would LOVE to be able to style the countdown timer. It would be so awesome if someone could provide some assistance/help with regards to how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

@Bertus_Schoeman

Hi, i made a quick tutorial for you on styling the timer. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Jakerlund, thank you so much for this - what a legend! You seriously made my evening. MUCH appreciation :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately the code no longer works?. What do I have to change?Thank you !

The script works fine… it’s probably the latest version of Blocs not executing it in an HTML widget.

Put just the script tag in the page’s head section, then create an empty paragraph on the page and give it the ID of ‘demo’. It won’t preview in Blocs but will be fine in the browser.

1 Like

@ScottinPollock thank you! works great :slight_smile:

I need a Count down from when the User Arrives for example 4 hours to the end. How must the code be rewritten? I would be very happy :slight_smile: if it is not much effort.

You could replace the static date/time with a timestamp plus 4 hours, but that would reset every time they load or refresh the page. Is that what you really want?