CSS Grid - still planed or dead? - Any workaround?

It’s been a while, since there was talked about CSS Grid in this forum.
So I wonder if it’s still planned to be integrated in blocs… @Norm seemed to be thrilled about it once:

I love, that Flex box is now a built in feature, and it’s awesome… but I guess in combination with CSS Grid it would be “tha sh*t” :stuck_out_tongue:

The one thing I’m seeking to use, is the function to span an item over multiple columns AND rows freely in the grid.
Is there any experience in this forum for workaround possibilities to use CSS Grid in blocs at the moment? Maybe @PeteSharp @Jerry @Pealco @Flashman @Eldar @Blocs_User or anybody else can give a hand?

Thanks guys!
cheers, Ben

1 Like

It will be either/or. Flexbox uses display:flex and Grid uses: display:grid. You will not be able to use both at the same time. More about Grid here to get you started.

1 Like

You can use grid already but you need to write the CSS yourself.

Thank you @Jerry , but how do you mean this:

Is it no possible because of blocs? Or because of bootstrap?
because basically there shouldn’t be a problem in combining CSS Grid and Flex Box. See here f.e. this article of 2018 How To Combine Flexbox and CSS Grids for Efficient Layouts
And also in the Mimo App (which I use to finally learn the basics of coding :partying_face:) I just learned, that those two in combination are very powerful.

1 Like

Thanks Pete.
How would you recommend to do it? (Regarding performance etc.)
Adding a separate stylesheet or directly to the Project Header (or is it Footer?!)

Of course you can’t set “display:” to both at the same time so I’m not sure what you mean by this statement? Even though Flexbox is one dimensional and CSS Grid is two dimensional they can indeed be used in-conjunction with each other, or nested inside of one another if a person desires. :wink:

3 Likes

Either all. If your making CSS that will be used across many pages and you have a lot of it, an external file is beneficial in that it will be cached by the browser and easier to maintain.

If you are adding it to the same page, place it in the header.

EDIT: don’t forget. Blocs has a Project Header option too. That’s very handy

2 Likes