Data Loss?

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced data loss in their Blocs 3.3 projects since it was released?

I have had a really bad experience where one of my pages where I had painstakingly constructed two tables all of sudden opened in 3.3 and the tables were just totally gone, no sign of them!

Normally, this would not be a problem because I am a religious keeper of backup copies. But with Blocs, this is of little benefit because it is next to impossible to copy stuff from one project to another. I just don’t understand why you cannot copy a bloc from one project to another.

Yes, I do know that I can save a bloc to my library and then open it in the new project. But I’m afraid to say this just does not work, when I try to do this it places the bloc on the page but it does not show up in the tree and it cannot be edit and creates havoc on the page to which it is added. A total mess!

There has to be a simple way of moving pieces from one project to another, this seems to be one of the most fundamental capabilities that an app like this would require!

But more importantly, where did my tables go in the first place. I don’t care if an app has some quirks that make it hard to work with, but one thing I cannot abide by is it losing data that I have created in a project. This seems to be something very fundamental - data integrity!

I know @Norm cares about this but this is not the first time it has happened to me, although with all the previous cases they were very easy to replicate. Having to rebuild these two tables are not going to be that easy as they took a lot of work to create in the first place due to the lack of support for tables in general.

Anyway, I’m curious if anyone else is seeing any data loss problems in 3.3, or if this is something specific to my project?

Sorry to hear of the data loss, these types of issues are rare but of course can happen due to the nature of the complexity of the underlying file structures.

Adding blocs from one project to another is also very complex, it’s not like pasting in text or images. You mention storing a Bloc and then adding it but it not showing in the tree. Do you still have a copy of that stored Bloc in your library?

Aloha @Norm yes I do still have it in my library!

Ok if you can create a blank project add that bloc then save it. Send it to me and I’ll take a look.

Messaged you the project, thanks!

1 Like

Awesome I’m busy with Blocs 3.3.1 beta build now so hopefully the problem will be patched in that version.

3 Likes

Any ETA for 3.3.1 beta?