Developer Improvements V5.2.4 - Beta 2

I’m working on a few improvements to Bric development in the next beta of Blocs V5.2.4.

Sliders
Sliders labels now only show the decimal place when its enabled in Bric Builder. I think many of you wanted cleaner output values here.

slider-labels

2 Likes

Just to clarify, it returns a whole number ?

:grin: it’s been difficult with decimals if your unit is px.

Also still having massive issues with messed up layouts in the UI using half width items. At this stage we may as well remove the option if there is no real solution for it. I do realise it’s complicated.

I’m using half width settings w/o too much trouble - granted the second control doesn’t have quite as much room for the title as the first.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

Yes. It’s not an equal distance. Makes labels difficult and looks odd cosmetically at times.

I find a certain combination(s) mess it up. I’ll have a layout with half width items and then add something, then boom I have to change it all.

I’m having that problem right now with a new bric. I really didn’t want to do full width options here to avoid a long scroll experience for users, and to tidy up related options. I see it was problematic on the iPad version. Not sure if that was resolved, I don’t have a subscription to test.

It still returns a float but displays rounded by default to prevent it breaking Brics. If you want an integer in your code just do it with js. This is more of a visual adjustment.

Regarding half width interface items, I’m tempted to just pull it as the iPad version doesn’t use it.

It’s never really worked well and it becomes more complex and unreliable when you start hiding parts of the UI.

1 Like

Excellent. Thanks @Norm.

Will removing that option just automatically reflow existing brics to single column?

Half width is really handy though if you can get it to work, but if the iPad is only going to be single it makes sense for them to be similar.

Beta build 2 also introduces the ability to toggle off the default sidebar controls, as requested by @Lucas.

3 Likes

Yeah thats correct.

1 Like