Does size matter!?

Really? I thought Transmit was THE ftp client for Mac! Would love to hear your experience!

Thats a great price!

I used to use cyberduck years ago - and see its still going strong. What benefit are the paid ones over the free ones? are they all doing the same job!?

Fee versions are normally no different from paid ones - maybe you get a nag screen. But the paid ones help the developers continue developing the product. For example, Cyberduck is available as a free download from their website and it works the same way whether you make a donation or not. The appStore version is a fixed price (no free version), so I guess that is a sort of enforced donation - presumably to cover the fees of the appStore.

I do indeed like Forklift 3 better than Tansmit. Copy URL generates a direct URL that points to a file stored on your server. That’s something Transmit doesn’t seem to be able to do. At least I didn’t figure it out. Plus, the helper in the menu bar or being able to mount servers as a disk, plus … plus …

Yeah, I like it better :wink:

For whatever reason, I still do not always get the notifications otherwise I would have replied earlier.

Indeed, it was not a piece of cake. That said, there is a more complex calculator which has the newly accepted smoke and silver colours however can only be seen by actual members is the restricted area.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate the fact you’ve seen the work behind.

Cheers,
MDS

Hi Hendon, I came across your post about breaking large sites into individual mini-sites and loved the idea as it makes sense in terms of managing larger sites efficiently.

I want to split a site into 2 mini-sites: A normal mini-site (5 to 10 pages) that gives a general overview and a products mini-site that will feature about 100 products that fall under 2 main categories, where each category has 10 sub-categories and each sub-category will have 10 products. The layout to display any or all product will be exactly the same for example: Photo of product to the left, title and description to the right and a downloadable PDF file below the description. So for the products mini-site, I could design the products page on the very first page and then duplicate it 99 times. I would then go to each page in order to insert the correct photo, Text and PDF for each respective product. I could then eventually export this file and call up the product pages from the main mini-site.

Input and advice from you or other members will be appreciated.