Download Buttons Not Downloading

Hey all! Have a project for a client that has buttons to download some free pdf resources. I have added the .pdf’s to the asset manager, I’ve linked the buttons to them and uploaded to a staging server. No matter what browser I try the download buttons do nothing. However if you right click the button and open link in new tab or download linked file it works. The download folder is in the export files and all the pdf’s are there. For all practical purposes everything seems right, but the buttons just don’t fire the download. Am I missing something???

Using Bocs v5.0.4

the staging page in question can be viewed at Resource Download

Here is a screen recording of what I am seeing: Blocs Download Glitch · CleanShot Cloud

Update.

I found a workaround for now. Had to add the download buttons, upload the site, and copy links generated for the buttons that weren’t working. Go back to Blocs and add buttons that link to the copied URL, then hide the download buttons that aren’t working. (tried removing them altogether, but blocs doesn’t include the files in the download folder if you don’t have it linked to a download button.)

Obviously not ideal. It seems this may be a bug in Blocs not allowing the download buttons to work as intended.

If you add an attribute called

download

to your old link, it will tell the browser to download the file, if you dont want the pdf opening in another tab.

1 Like