Download Counter

Hello, is there a way to add a bric that would allow me to insert a “download” link or button in a web page, and display a counter that would show the number of downloads already performed?

(Obviously) the bloc’s script would have to run on the server side (PHP?)

Hello, it is only for your knowledge, or you want the public knows ?

I use for myself this tool, as you can have both situations:

There you have the instructions:

Install

1. Download CCounter 2.0 from the official website at phpjunkyard.com. Unzip the file to a folder named, for example, downloadmanager .
  2. Upload the folder to your website via FTP or similar. And uploaded the folder to /assets/downloadmanager .
  3. Use your browser to open the folder you just uploaded. In the example, go to www.your-domain.com/assets/downloadmanager .
  4. Follow the installation steps that appear. Don’t forget to delete the folder named install .

Configure

To set up a counter for a specific file:

1. Upload your file to your website and copy the url, for example: www.your-domain.com/files/awesome-file.zip
  2. Go to CCounter’s admin console by visiting its main folder on the browser. Following the example, open the URL www.your-domain.com/assets/downloadmanager and login.
  3. Open the New link page and submit your chosen link as a new link. Paste the URL of your file.
  4. After the URL is submitted, a special tracking URL is generated by CCount, for example www.your-domain.com/ccount/click.php?id=123 .

Use it

Every time you want to provide a link to your file ( <a href="..."> ) use the URL generated by CCount (e.g. www.your-domain.com/ccount/click.php?id=123 ). When a visitor clicks that URL, CCount will count the click and redirect the visitor to where the real file is (e.g. http://mydomain.com/files/myFile.zip ).

Display it

To show the number of clicks or downloads of a file you need to:

1. Place the following code inside the <head> tag of the webpage where you want to display count statistics: <script src="https://www.your-domain.com/assets/downloadmanager/display.php"></script>
  2. Paste the next snippet exactly where you want the count to appear: <script>ccount_display('LINK_ID')</script> , e.g. <script>ccount_display('123')</script>

Hope it will help you…

Hello @Pealco, Awesome tool! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like