Download PDF and not open PDF

Hi,

when I use the Download Option in the Inspector for a link . for example a PDF File, the file open in the Browser and then I can Print or Save or whatever …but is it possible to download the file direct? Without opening first ?

cheers
tom
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Zip the PDF file could help.

Yes, it is.

Just add the following attribute to your PDF download button:

download="my-fancy-pdf-name.pdf"

2 Likes

This has been brought up several times now. The code that @Jerry has done works great, but I think this needs to be added now in the drop down - maybe download-true under download or something ! @Norm could something be applied?

It’s not code :grin:

An attribute is a property or a setting of an HTML element that defines or modifies its behaviour or appearance.

yeah!

But whatever it is - I think this needs to be made to work as an additional option in the dropdown. Everything needs to be made simpler to keep up to date with other builders - this is what users are expecting now, specially as iPad and now the future of Blocs on an iPhone, everything needs to be seamless and easy for this to all work.

Then keep it simple and open the PDF inside the browser. The user can download it afterwards.

Yeah, thats what I do 90% of the time, but I get clients that want to download it straight away. I explain to click the download button but they do not want to.

I think choice of how we use download is needed.

Control click the link to get options on download (on Mac)