Dropdown menu colour and custom classes with . and spaces not accepted

Hello team.

I have searched the forum but have had two problems that I can’t resolve. I have a page header with a gradient background and two items in my primary menu that have dropdown menus.

I have managed to create the dropdown menus, but when I want to add a custom class my-menu or dropdown-menu and add it to the list item, it just doesn’t work. I can change the background colour of the list item, but the dropdown colour is still white (my nav font is white, so that’s useless).

I have added the following class and can see it in my class manager .my-menu .dropdown-menu a as suggested in another thread Dropdown menu alignment and color

But when I want to add this class while having selected LIST ITEM under nav container, the class won’t show up in the Classes section. How can I resolve this.

I would like the background of only the dropdown box be navy… Thank you so much for your help!

Regina

Just add the class .dropdown-menu to the class manager and set any fancy background colour.

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry - I literally just figured it out! Phew… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah the a is the tag for a link.

Hi Jerry, if I understood correctly about Blocs, are these classes (.dropdown-menu) bootstraps?
Are the classes with finished settings?
If so, is there a list of bootstraps with features?
thx Rainer

Most are bootstrap, some are Blocs specific.

You can use the browser inspector to get the class you want to target. Otherwise the Bootstrap documentation has everything you need. There are cheat sheets also. Google is your friend.

If only it wasn’t so complicated :slight_smile:

That’s why we get the big bucks :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I would call it a cheat sheet. :man_facepalming: :grin:

1 Like

Fixed that :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll invoice you later bro :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I will take it off your bill :laughing:

1 Like