Ecommerce Help Please

Hi All

I’m just starting out with blocs and am loving it. I live in South Africa and having a little problem. I believe that one can integrate 3rd party e-commerce into blocs but that’s where I get stuck. I need a step by step to install that. All the platforms that are available are not going to work for me as ecwid for example needs a subscription before you can integrate a commerce. Then you have to pay subscription and have to pay per transaction. That’s a lot to have to pay out before I get started. I am selling pet products so it’s a small company. I really hope this all makes sense and you can help me. Id like to integrate WooCommerce without having to do a Wordpress theme as I’m sorry but hate Wordpress. Blocs is amazing. Once Woocommerce ice integrated then id like to add on PayFast, Owzo or even Paystack. The few I know work in this country. Sorry for the long message but not sure how else to word it. Im hoping there is someone in South Africa who has managed to do this and can help me.

Hi, first of all; welcome to the Blocs community.
I have made some websites with Ecwid. It works great, but indeed, when you have more than 10 items in your store you will need a subscription.
You might want to have a look at: prestashop
It is from PHPjabbers; they have a reasonable priced store. Before you buy it; check with them if they can add your wanted payment options.

Ecwid you pay a subscription, but you do not pay per transaction. You only pay the CC fees. Ecwid does not add any extra charges for CC processing.

1 Like

Thank you for that. I’m really enjoying learning this app. It’s incredible. I’ve looked at prestashop and unfortunately it doesn’t work in in SA. I have more than 10 items and for me it shows 5 items for whatever reason. I have about 20 at the moment with more to follow. So need something cost effective too.

Hi Ricardo. Thanks for replying. Not according to the few people I’ve spoken to. I need my payment gateway as well as ecwid. Sign up for ecwid and intergrate my gateway in their system. Then I pay for both.

You can easily set your payment processor in Ecwid. They have many choices for different countries. Who did you speak with that told you otherwise?

In any case, if you haven’t done it yet, create a free account. With that you can setup your payment processors, learn about Ecwid itself, setup shipping and many other things. Once your are comfortable, then you can make an informed decision about Ecwid.

I have already setup around 50 Ecwid Stores, in the US and other countries. I find a great platform to eCommerce. It’s easy and powerful.

Cheers,

Ricardo

2 Likes

I’ve set up my free account but can only load 5 items before needing to subscribe. The other issue is I need more than just credit card payment options. The one company I spoke to here in SA told me ( PLEASE NOTE: You must be on Ecwid’s Venture plan or higher to use Peach Payments to accept payments) their words exactly.

Hello and welcome to this friendly community.
I use Prestashop completely free of charge and PayPal which takes a percentage of the transaction. I don’t understand why you say that Prestashop doesn’t work in South Africa? You can even download a South African language pack.

1 Like

Hi @Pat
Just looking at what you’re using.

Can you let us know how many items you’re able to sell for free and does it allow for embedding into a blocs site?

I’m going to read more now - cheers

Edit,

On reading more and seeing what others have done I think Ecwid is still the best for using on a blocs site.

Good luck all!

Hi. I’ll have another look and see what presta shop is all about. Thank you. Maybe I just didn’t look properly. I’m still looking for a way to integrate it into blocs without having to use the other commerce options. I’d like to know I have more options.

Hi Pat. Im having another look at Presta shop now. Could you please tell me or explain how you have integrated it into blocs. This is my biggest issue. I really hope you can help me with this matter. I just want to be able to install it and can’t find any help anywhere, that’s why I came here hoping that I’ll get help. Ive already learnt so much. Thank you all

I would like to see how this works in a blocs site too as couldn’t find it when I looked and looked like they want to push you to a sub domain with their branding on - unless paying a LOT for a theme.

but it does look good.

But @Stbarbe Ecwid is ticking every box for you, payments in your country, ease to bring into Blocs and a brilliant platform for all your needs.

They only allow 5 free products now, but here in the UK it’s £14.08 + VAT per month for up to 100 products - for a business this is very very cheap!!! and so many options!

Another vote for Ecwid which I and the client are very happy with. Plenty of options with payment and delivery of goods. Straight foward to set up, and edit, from within Ecwid , and simple bit of code into the code widget. All looks good on the site boutique

Richard

3 Likes

@Stbarbe

Hello

I’m having trouble interpreting what you really wanted. I didn’t integrate Prestashop into Blocs but put a link to my online shop made with Prestashop. This is hosted in a subfolder of my website by my web host.
You can see it here: Le Moulin du Boisset
And my website here : www.lemoulinduboisset.com

And once again, all this is totally free with unlimited articles.

Kind regards.

Hi AndiJAM. I did go further into ecwid and managed to ad my payment gateway to it. And did a dummy sale too. So very happy about that. I’m now trying to do the same thing with snipcart. They have no subscription fees just per transaction. Yes ecwid is not badly priced but ultimately it’s my clients choice. Just want to give them the options. I’m wanting to use Paystack or Payfast both available in my country. Need to try and get snipcart to work with them. Hope this all makes sense.

Hi Pat. I did wrk it out on adding my gateway to ecwid but am trying to add my gateway to snipcart. Gateway is available on ecwid but not on snipcart. Snipcart told me I can put in my own gateway which is where I’m struggling. Both ecwid and snipcart are available here.

Hi @Stbarbe

Fab - let me know how you get on with Snipcart, be good to see other options.

As a figures person though (running 2 businesses) on a quick glance and apologies if I am wrong !
it does say though they need to have more than $1000 a month in sales if not they will be charged $20 monthly fee which will be more than Ecwid from the start on less than 100 products and they will have a 2% transaction fee on top of that too - which will be even more increased cost.

So bottom line Ecwid will be cheaper again long term.

Now if their business will easily make more than $1000 a month then they will have a 2% transaction fee which is $20…again bringing it more than Ecwid again.

Both Ecwid and Snipcart will have gateway fee’s either way.

If the business has huge sales and say $20,000 sales that month - they will pay $400 to snip cart…or £14 to Ecwid!..sorry! I do like to look at the final balance.

Good luck ! and please let me know how you get on with Snipcart and if my figures are wrong or if I have missed something and Snipcart is actually cheaper in the long run, let me know as It would be good to actually look at cheaper options that can be fully integrated into Blocs as be good to offer my clients too other options - Either way, Snipcart or Ecwid they will be getting a monthly bill.

Hi again. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I’d seen it but didn’t absorb it. Went and had another look and you’re 100% correct.

Ecwid is the way to go. Still works out cheaper than snipcart. I’d like to have more options anyway so would be nice if more platforms are added.

Maybe someone has managed to put one in themselves and would be willing to share the how too. I know that WooCommerce can be integrated via Wordpress theme but I’ve never liked Wordpress. Could not get anywhere with it. Then I found this amazing program. I’ll never look back.

Forgot to mention that yes ecwid is cheaper but only if you pay the yearly plan. Otherwise they bill you $19 a month otherwise it works out at $14 a month if you pay for the whole year.