Embedded Vimeo video fullscreen

Hello :slight_smile:

I’m playing around with video integration. If I embed a Vimeo video via the Blocs video bric (I even tried the code widget) everything works fine, but the fullscreen button is missing.

I also bought the Player for Blocs app on the blocs store, no fullscreen either when self hosting the video. The button appears, but I cannot click it.

This makes me wonder if I am overseeing something, or if it is just not possible to give the viewers the option for fullscreen?

Thank you
Marcel

Hello Marcel,

The video full screen button for Vimeo might not appear inside the Blocs Preview, but if you preview your site in a browser, it will be there. I just tested both built-in video player and embedding via Code Bric, and both work fine.

Cheers,
Eldar

Cool, thank you!

On Blocs 3.x…apparently if you have lazy-loading enabled on export, the fullscreen mode will not show up. This I figured out after an hour’s worth of trying every combination of adding “mozallowfullscreen,” “webkitallowfullscreen,” and “allowfullscreen” etc… a quick peek at the code had some lazy-load snippets attached to the Vimeo i-frame. Simply removing lazy-loading when exporting “fixes” this. Not really great if you want to have lazy-loading for speed, SEO, etc…

EDIT: At least on Google Chrome, and Brave Browser. Safari seems to render the fullscreen button normally. I don’t have Firefox so I haven’t tried that browser.