Embedding a Twitter feed

Hi all, first post so I’m probably just missing something obvious. I’ve checked the Kbase though and the advice there doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve downloaded and installed the Code Embed Bric (this seems to be also called the Code Widget). I’ve added it to a test page and then pasted in the code provided by Twitter.

I don’t seem to have the same settings as shown in the Knowledgebase - no Edit Code Preview option, for example - and when I preview, it simply displays the code. I’ll see if the forum allows a nugget like me to post a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Robb

Code Embed/Code Display and the Code Widget are two separate Brics. You’re using the Code Display one from the Blocs Store which doesn’t actually embed the code; only showcases it with the correct syntax highlighting.

Use the ‘HTML/Code Widget’ as stated in documentation:
https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/html-widget/

Thanks a lot. Any idea where I find this widget?

Rob

Code Widget is built into Blocs by Default. The correct one is the one that has an ‘Edit Code’ button in the Inspector which opens a new window to the Code Editor.

Thanks again. I swear to God that when I searched for ‘code’ and ‘widget’ and ‘code widget’ nothing appeared in that list. But it’s working now.

If anyone else is interested, you can also limit the number of tweets that appear in the feed by adding the following bit of code after the “twitter-timeline”

data-tweet-limit="x" where ‘x’ is the number of tweets you’d like to display.

Cheers

1 Like

Code Bric is what you are after.