Feature requests - Fullpage background image / background image options

Hi there,

a big thing will be a setting for full page background image and css options like - cover.

Another thing whats missing is the option when you choose “Repeat” to select horizontal/vertical/both directions.

All the best,
Steve

5 Likes

I agree and would also like to add my vote to this for the wish list!

1 Like

Yes, very important feature!

Select the bloc, add background and choose Fullsceen.

That block will always be the height of the viewport.

It’s very possible and even easier using Bloc 3 as you can set columsn just about anyway you want. I just added a bloc and set the background. You can then just build your site in the one bloc using colums, and even give it a parallax effect. I put this together in just a few minutes. Its not configured for anything but desktop. Just a example of what you can do.

http://hicontentdesign.com/full/

casey

2 Likes

Hi Casey- your example is not to see any more…

I 'm looking for a background image - fullscreen. …but not in one bloc - it should be in background of all blocs…

@webixi I’m not sure what happened to that example. Here’s a link to an old site that I was using an image background for the whole page. Not sure if this is what you were thinking about.

Casey

https://hicontentdesign.com/steelheaders/index.html

Thank you Casey - but how did you solve it? This would exactly fit to my wish for background solution…

Looking at the HTML, they placed everything in one Bloc that had a background image by the looks of it.

You can add some style code to the page header eg…

<style>
body {
 background-image: url("myImage.jpg");
 background-colour:#333;
}
</style>

Note: To style the body, do not put a . in front of it.

Nothing to solve here. It’s just one bloc with a background image. In the one Bloc you add a menu in that main bloc, then add another brick below and put the content in it. You add as many bricks needed to build that page. Really no need for code, but you can.

It really something that was popular a few years back. You don’t see much of it today as design trends have changed.

It’s also really limited, as it’s really only good on the desktop mode, table is ok. That’s one reason this type of design has not been used as much today. Everything is geared to the mobile content.

Hope that helps,
Casey

Thank you for your answer - but I don’t reach this solution…Only with one bloc and then it looks strange…

Thanks a lot, this is working!

Yesterday we released a new Blocs Bytes video that shows you how to do this in under a minute, all inside of Blocs.

2 Likes

Hi @Norm . How would you go about this on a page by page basis? Previously I’ve used an image as a bloc background set to full screen, but when adding another bloc it leaves the space.

1 Like

That would require another input field maybe in page settings to add classes on the body tag per page.

Maybe a future feature

3 Likes

Cheers @Norm

1 Like