Few application problems

Hello all,

I’m feeling some issues with blocs app and for that reason, I like to talk about them and then if more then one have this issue I will report to @Norm if he didn’t reply to this top Topic.
I’m using last public version 3.4.4

1. When I have a project that was upgraded from older versions, some of the Style animations don’t appear (the new ones, blur in, etc) . Solution: have to close project (don’t close blocs app) open or create a new project, then close that new project (don’t close blocs app) and reopen the first project and the style animations are all there.
    1. I add the brics by click + sign in the middle of the div and then use the search bar and type the bric I want to use. Issue: when I type it repeats the last letter I typed. every time the filter activates to reduce brics according what I’m typing it repeats the last letter. Every time it applies the filter.Solution: Delete last letter and type letter by letter slowly, every time I type a letter I wait for the filter ends and then type a new letter.
    1. In big projects, at some point it loose the relation of some elements to layer navigation, normally when I want to know where a specific item is, I click in the item and in layer navigator the item appears in blue. In some of my projects I click but nothing happens and even there is no bloc or item in layer navigator. Solution: Delete that page or bloc and I make it from scratch again. Issue 2: After I save project, the next time I open it it will delete again the items from layer navigator. Solution 2: Forget and pass in front…
    1. Code preview: (It was reported before to @Norm but in this last upgrade the issue is still there) When I use < with the preview activated it will replace that math symbol by &lt; . That didn’t happened in early versions, and is very annoying to have the preview turned off as I can’t see how it appears in webpage. And if I have the preview turn On the code will break as that symbol is part of code.
    1. FavIcon: In my upgraded projects and in new projects some of them when I export the project it will not export the favicon, even if is there the image. Solution: have to delete the favicon and insert it again, after that it will export. But in the next time I save and open and export the same issue comes back again.
    1. FavIcon: When I do a new project and didn’t change the favicon normally and in early versions, the projects export and preview with the logo of BLOCS, now it appears an envelope.
    1. Duplicate Pages: As all know I have that snippets code webpage, and when I add content I duplicate the last page and change it as I need, the issue is when I duplicate a page, change the code in code widget and preview it appears the last code, even if the code inside the widget is different. Solution: Have to turn on and off the preview of the widget and after this all good (Issue reported above about < symbols then I have to search for that symbol and change it again)

I think I report everything, please let me now if you have the same symptoms in your application.

EDIT - Add point 8:

1. When you add a local video to a project, the first time you add it it works and you can preview, after the first preview it looses the movie and you have to choose it again from assets, and at this point you can preview it again, and even for export, you have to choose from assets and immediately you have to export it without preview it first. Some times you see the exported files and the movies not works then you have to go back to project, add it again from assets, and export it again.
1 Like

I occasionally have this happen.

4 Im still working on that one - EDIT patched and ready for the next build.

5 & 6 I just patched a range of issues with favicons in the latest 3.4.5 beta, in that beta if you search your project for files called favicon, you may find multiple copies, this is one of the contributing problems, remove all apart from one.

Issues I have not mentioned I will investigate :+1:

New beta will be out tomorrow in time for weekend with more improvements

@Pealco, thank you very much for taking the time to bring all of these to our attention. You are such an asset to Blocs. :smile:

Thank you @PeteSharp

Thank you @Norm if you need I can provide my projects for you to test…

Thank you @KBConcepts I’m here to learn and to help. But thank you for your nice words.

@Norm I have a new Point:

1. When you add a local video to a project, the first time you add it it works and you can preview, after the first preview it looses the movie and you have to choose it again from assets, and at this point you can preview it again, and even for export, you have to choose from assets and immediately you have to export it without preview it first. Some times you see the exported files and the movies not works then you have to go back to project, add it again from assets, and export it again.

Thank you…

1 Like

@Norm new issues:
9. when you create a button and tell it the interactions is none, it refresh the page as it get a href=# in code

1. In Brics now I have like 4 brics of each and none is working when I click them, then I install the bric again it creates a new one and it adds a new (5th) bric with same name and only the new one works, see here:

And in Bric Builder no FAQ bric:

After I install FAQ:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Check this out.

What version of Mac OS are you using BTW?

1 Like

Thank you it solve the 10th issue, thank you… so I resume the points:

1. When I have a project that was upgraded from older versions, some of the Style animations don’t appear (the new ones, blur in, etc) . Solution: have to close project (don’t close blocs app) open or create a new project, then close that new project (don’t close blocs app) and reopen the first project and the style animations are all there.
    1. I add the brics by click + sign in the middle of the div and then use the search bar and type the bric I want to use. Issue: when I type it repeats the last letter I typed. every time the filter activates to reduce brics according what I’m typing it repeats the last letter. Every time it applies the filter.Solution: Delete last letter and type letter by letter slowly, every time I type a letter I wait for the filter ends and then type a new letter.
    1. In big projects, at some point it loose the relation of some elements to layer navigation, normally when I want to know where a specific item is, I click in the item and in layer navigator the item appears in blue. In some of my projects I click but nothing happens and even there is no bloc or item in layer navigator. Solution: Delete that page or bloc and I make it from scratch again. Issue 2: After I save project, the next time I open it it will delete again the items from layer navigator. Solution 2: Forget and pass in front…
    1. Code preview: (It was reported before to @Norm but in this last upgrade the issue is still there) When I use < with the preview activated it will replace that math symbol by &lt; . That didn’t happened in early versions, and is very annoying to have the preview turned off as I can’t see how it appears in webpage. And if I have the preview turn On the code will break as that symbol is part of code.
    1. FavIcon: In my upgraded projects and in new projects some of them when I export the project it will not export the favicon, even if is there the image. Solution: have to delete the favicon and insert it again, after that it will export. But in the next time I save and open and export the same issue comes back again.
    1. FavIcon: When I do a new project and didn’t change the favicon normally and in early versions, the projects export and preview with the logo of BLOCS, now it appears an envelope.
    1. Duplicate Pages: As all know I have that snippets code webpage, and when I add content I duplicate the last page and change it as I need, the issue is when I duplicate a page, change the code in code widget and preview it appears the last code, even if the code inside the widget is different. Solution: Have to turn on and off the preview of the widget and after this all good (Issue reported above about < symbols then I have to search for that symbol and change it again)
    1. When you create a button and tell it the interactions is none, it refresh the page as it get a href=# in code
    1. In Brics now I have like 4 brics of each and none is working when I click them, then I install the bric again it creates a new one and it adds a new (5th) bric with same name and only the new one works, see here…

1/ Are these Blocs 2 projects?

2/ That may be due to the broken Bric installed. Hopefully following the steps I mentioned before should address that to remove dups of FAQ bric.

3/ I would need a project to text that.

4/ Are you adding HTML or some JS? JS and PHP scripts need to be set to no preview to make sure the canvas doesn’t escape the code when it is parsed by the HTML canvas. Apple control this component so in the past if it was more lenient then it may not have forced the escape but every time apple update Safari webkit it effects this component in Blocs.

7/ This should be fixed in 3.4.5 beta build 3.

8/ I’ll take a look at that.

Yes they are…

Correct - Fixed and solved, thank you…

There you have the project: LINK (pass by PM)
Ex. Open NVAuto page and click in title and subtitle.

JS.

That you, I confirm with B3 and happens the same, I will try again in B4.

Thank you…

And 9?