Follow links bric > Youtube user

I really dig the “Follow Links” bric, except I have a small problem; I want the Youtube link to link to a Youtube channel instead of a user… how can I change that? (If it is possible at all…)

hi @Mattheus i just came up with the problem yesterday myself.

ist NOT possible at the moment

its wrong PRE formatted in the bric, so @Norm has to make an update. The youtube button is predefined with this

www.youtube.com/user/

so if you want a channel to be there, and you fill in the link you get this

www.youtube.com/user/chanel

and that is not working :slight_smile:

@norm it would be much better, if we can put there the complete copied link from the share button from youtube (in my opinion)

1 Like

@Norm
is there any update for this url problem for the youtube channel using the brics?

I am having this complication with your brics, I am manually changing the url of Youtube.com/user … to youtube.com/channel / … and it solves the problem, but I have to do it every time I export the code, and Is it very tedious to have to do it over and over again, or open some way to adjust the code directly in blocsapp? this would save a lot of time

Yay …Have the same problem! Really hot bric that would often be used if it works :wink:

Why hasn’t this been updated? still an issue… why hasn’t the developer of blocs been on the case as well?

Because its a free Bric and you can easily make this within Blocs with an icon Bric and a URL interaction.

I’ll see if I can get it implemented as I plan of tweaking a few of the other free Brics soon.

2 Likes

I just released v1.0.2 that has support for youtube channels.

Extension Manager will let you update in app.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.12.48

3 Likes

thank you so much xx awesome service :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

First time I saw an update in the Extension Manager when opened. Did the update. Cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see that update on the store, but curiously it’s not showing up as available in the extension manager.

You may have a built in pre-update version

I just tested Follow Links in Blocs 4. What I like about it is a consistent look/shape for all the social icons when set to Round or Rounded. I like that a lot, actually. What’s keeping me from using it though is the lack of rollover feedback. Yes, I know it’s irrelevant on mobile, but traditional PCs are still in wide use, as is the mouse. If I could mouseover each icon and get the color to change, I’d say Follow Links would be just about perfect! :slight_smile:

You can see my social icon rollovers in action at the bottom left of my website here. Here’s how I made them in Blocs:

I especially want to use Follow Links in Blocs 4 because I dislike the absence of the older YouTube text icon in Blocs 4, which is what my Blocs 3.5.x sites use right now. That is due to FontAwesome version change. Follow Links continues to use that YouTube text icon, which I really like.

Hoping for rollover functionality to be added to Follow Links!

1 Like