Forms indicate sent but don't make it

I need a strong tutorial on Blocs forms, and I can’t find one anywhere.

Inquiries I send myself from my test forms are not making it to my email address, and I can’t figure-out why.

••• Is there a restriction with Blocs forms that they can only go to email addresses with the same domain as the site that the form is in?

And does anyone know of a good tutorial on Blocs forms?

thx

Unfortunately, I have this problem too, but not on all sites.
There are places where it works, there are places where it doesn’t.
There have been times where I created a completely new form, but the problem is the same.

I wrote about it, but no one responded.

Maybe get in touch with your hosting company. Some Webhosts want you to use your SMTP instead of self hosted PHP Scripts.

It doesn’t work on my own server and there is no SMTP but php, the e-mail sender of other websites works without problems, only the blocs do not.

To be fair I’ve not had any major issues with forms but my hosting and friends who do a lot of websites for agencies are amazed I’m still doing php emails…but they are working and sending so far…lol

Should we expecting a change soon @Norm ? As a lot of email issues recently from users.

The only PHP function that directly supports this sending of mails is mail(). However, the function does not provide support for using common features such as encryption, authentication, HTML messages, attachments , …

I.e. everything else would have to be done with an included PHP class. A possible one would be

But there are others as well.

I.e. for Norm it would be more effort. Especially since he has to keep an eye on the further development of the class and the support would be more difficult. With a simple mail() there is not that.

I am not familiar with the development of own BRICS, but if someone could build me a framework with the necessary input fields I could try to contribute the PHP part. If that works at all…

Assuming you mean PHP mail? Because even if you send the form through SMTP you’re using PHP.

PHP Mailer isn’t too difficult to setup. There are a lot tutorials online that take you through it.

Yeah sorry. To be fair all mine are working, but should we be now in 2023 in Blocs be sending/setting up the forms via SMTP now? or least have the option to…what do you think?

Selfhosting works in my case, but the problem is , windows or linux server, my host is set as linux, php 7.1 ( my code only works when I downgrade the php version).
here the host helpdesk don’t help, they send you to contract another professional to check the code.
im not an coder , but have and small notion , I did some work on my php script, but my problem is when I have to link the recaptcha . doesn’t work ( well at least I can’t figure in how to set in de code again)

Saying that, someone can help me with my code and recaptcha?

I’m rebuilding my Adobe Muse sites with Blocs and using the same host, DreamHost. The forms worked with the Muse sites.

well here y host is Locaweb( Brazilian host) is the best between all the hosts around, so im a bit tied with them.
Never used Muse before, well… old school guy who learning the basics of html back in 04 with dreamweaver…

This turned-out to be about checking to be sure you’re using a consistent ID on all the form elements.