FTP client help

I find that they (Transmit) have a almost solution called “Save as Droplet” this create an icon as an app, and it saves the host folder as an app. Then we drop files in this app and it syncs the host folder. But we have to manually drag and drop the files created to here… let’s see what they answer…

Forklift has a something the same as this too… they call it Droplet.

Yeah me too, it saves it for the Synclet. But if you open Forklift it asks for the password. :rofl:

I never have a problem with Forklift saving passwords in the main app.

This must be ticked by default then.?

No mine is not ticked, but when first added I think you have to enable the option to always make available from the keychain.

Ok, I have it working now. @casey1823 check the “ask” tick box isn’t ticked. And also when Forklift asked for access to Keychain set it as Always.

I looked at that also. I actually like the sync let better.

Casey

1 Like

Sync is obviously faster. I just can’t help thinking it is more likely to create problems if you are not careful.

How so @Flashman, you pre save the sync you want. It could be 2 ways, even delete orphaned files. I’m just using one way sync presently.

1 Like

Me too, I just want to use it for updating a change from Blocs. I just saved each site to sync one way. This is a real time saver, something that has bothered me from the start of using Forklift.

Casey

If I am developing a site I want to make sure that whatever is going up there is a 100% accurate reflection of the site as it is with no old code. That’s why I always choose the replace all option. Previously that option was the default and now we have to press another button.

On some sites I’ve had complex arrangements with remote assets and certain folders that should never be deleted. Equally, I don’t want to leave a bunch of orphaned contents, so while synching is attractive in theory there are other considerations.