Functionality Similar to Publii

I have been using blocs for a couple years now and love it. The one area it is always lacking is a easy robust blogging function. I know there are options, like Volt and the Wordpress theme builder, but I want something as beautiful and easy to use as Blocs.

I ran across Publii a while ago and simply love what they have done. Flat CMS for blogging that works right out of the box. However, they are almost impossible to customize and make a fully robust site without being a developer.

If only blocs and publii could be combined to make a super baby.

I can dream right?

Nice idea, but as you’re having some problems with the look of it, then I’d give Volt Blog another go - it naturally picks up your font classes, colours etc. and integrates nicely.

2 Likes

Using Blocs, you have the capability to build a website, modify its content, and upload it directly to your server using its integrated FTP.

Suppose you wish to upload your website using Blocs, make alterations locally with Publii (which operates on your computer), and then upload it using a second FTP to the identical server.

Please assist me in comprehending the advantages of executing the same task with two different software programs. :thinking:

I have been able to get volt to work in the past. My main complaint is the poor backend interface. But it is at least possible to somewhat get the look you are looking for via CSS. Just saying it would be nice to have this functionality for blogging similar to Publii, but inside blocs. :man_shrugging:t2:

The idea isn’t to have to use two programs but to have a more robust blogging / dynamic content solution inside of blocs. I just like the look and feel of how Publii handles blog posts via a desktop app still utilizing HTML files. Page creation, linking, and all that just happen organically. Saying it would be nice to have more robust features for this type of content within blocs. :smiley:

More details please…

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by Poor backend interface. I find it very intuitive.