Gallery: Volt vs/or Iconic

Hi all,

I have a client who is looking to add images themselves to a gallery.

I have the brilliant Volt from @jannis which I will be using throughout the website so my client can update sections of text and also a Blog.

I need to create a gallery page too - for ease do you think the Gallery section on Volt for this page will be fine or worth using Iconic Gallery for this?..I am thinking Volt as its a one login can access all in one go?

Any Galleries in either which you are able to share will be great to have a look.

(sorry, I did post something similar to this post recently but changed my wordings on this one!)

Cheers all and have a GREAT weekend.

I use the Iconic gallery here: foto's
I love it!

4 Likes

Love your gallery !!!

Cheers

Youā€™ve already seen mine @AdieJAM, but this is using the Masonry Gallery option in Volt. More that happy with it.

Am I the only person who canā€™t work out whatā€™s different between Masonry and Iconic? (or just being stupid again?)!!

https://www.trevreav.co.uk/2022/

1 Like

Thanks for posting again. Looks good - some great pics there ! Nice work

No - iā€™m the same!!! , hence why Im trying to find if anyone has a reason to go for Iconic over the Volt Galleries, and kind of re-post on this is to find out if for simplicity just using Volt would be better as I am using it on the site.

I am guessing so many people have a website where people just want to update a Gallery and Iconic does just that - and perfectly too.

1 Like

One of the differences:

Iconic required a FTP access (or repository manager) for uploading images.

1 Like

Thanks @Jannis

Also is there the option when images are added in Volt or Iconic they can have a very slight radius on the corners or will they always be squared corners?

CSS border-radius property (w3schools.com)

1 Like

I made a class in mine called ā€˜frameā€™ which had padding and an outline so gave the impression of a framed, mounted picture, then applied it each time to an uploaded picture in Volt.

Iā€™d assume you could set a radius corner and apply that the same way.

1 Like

Hi Adie:

I have a site I created for a friend using Iconic Gallery. Not using anything ā€œfancyā€ but I can tell you there are many options and it works brilliantly.
I will be posting a link to this site here in the forum next week.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

With a bit of CSS, youā€™re able to apply this radius to all images automatically (if all should look like this).

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know that - and still donā€™t know how! Homework, but just not sure what Iā€™m looking for.
:grinning:
Have a good weekend all

1 Like

Hi all,

I have worked out how to do corners ok - but I need to target them on all images in VOLT - or do you think its worth just creating a class and adding it to the styles in the Volt Core bric?

Use

.volt-content img

Hi @Jannis

Thanks for the reply. I tried this and kept the space intact and adding the radius but nothing has changed - I have only checked the list blog page at the moment? - which has not changedā€¦but should this globally do all images - as in the list blog page as well as the detail one?

Hi all,

Need a little help from you Volt Experts!

Carousel
Just seeing if anyone here uses the carousel in a blog post and if they get a slight line under the left and right arrows?

Images the same height
On the main blog page (the list page) when I have say 4 posts that link to the 4 blog pages, my client will add an image. Now if an image has more height to it, it throws it out. Now I can physically edit his images in size but he has said when in Wordpress he added an image it would automatically ensure they were the same size.

Now this is just on the list page and not in the actual blog page itself, thats no problem.

He just wants it so all photos are the same height and width with the link under to the blog

htaaccees
Now I have a htaccess file I add to get a 404 page, and see I need to add a htaccess for volt to display for pretty URLs. Do I just add mine to this? or will there be a clash!

Corners
Also @Jannis gave me a class to add corners to all images in Volt, but it does not seem to work, unless im doing something wrong?
I am adding that class into Blocs, editing the corners and then adding it into VOLT. But nothing.

Any help from you experts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Received your email. Yes, I have to supply an update removing that underline.

Youā€™re able to use CSS therefore.

Most probably yes.

Details what you did where please.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jannis appreciate this as my client will be want to use this a lot.

give a class

.volt-content img

and then style it and then add the class to Volt but its nothing is styled.

Could you please send a screenshot?

This should be added to the CSS of the page / project itself. Only with this, it will be applied to all images inside Volt Content areas.