Gig list for musician

I may be building a website for a musician who plays multiple residences with multiple bands.

I’m looking for the best way of presenting upcoming dates, either on a calendar, or, a drop-down list by venue.

Some system the musician can update himself, but which still looks nicely designed would be good.

Any suggestions welcome - especially if such a site made with Blocs already exists!

(I can’t see a suitable Bric)

You could maybe use Volt inside of a specific venue headed ‘read more’ bric or a modal?

Maybe not the most aesthetically pleasing, but definitely client editable.

I’m also in a band, and in its simplest terms, with a limited number of dates, I keep it up to date with Volt. Just a shame you can’t upload videos from your hard drive yet! Fingers crossed sometime in the future.

2 Likes

You may have a look at this.

https://rogerradatz.de/test/index.html

It’s a simple accordion. If it would work with CMS (Volt) I can’t tell.
Ask Janis.

1 Like

Hi @Ian

I work with a lot of bands (book them, do PA and Lighting for them etc) and see how they do date sheets etc a lot. Visitors like the most simplest ways to see this and how @TrevReav has shown this is perfect. Maybe under you could do a venue link or ticket link and all this is so simple in Volt and the user can add and remove / edit as they feel free to.

In terms of a drop down, how @Bootsie has also shown which is nice is the accordion which also working in Volt for editing, but I am not sure on adding new drop downs, this will have to be done in Volt.

I guess one way would be to do a venue page in volt as a blog page where the user can add new venues too and that venue page when clicked will open up a list of info and dates for that venue which the user can jump on to edit.
Just call the page venues rather than Blog.

@Jannis will be able to guide you if you get stuck.

Good luck !

1 Like

With a bit of luck the musician works for an agency that uses some sort booking software. And some of those software can deliver a feed for a calendar.
As I do bookings for my own band, I use Bookyou for the bookings and taking care of all the paperwork and it also gives an code which you can implement on your website to show certain dates. In that case you can use the HTML bric. (an example can be found here: my band’s public agenda)

1 Like

Very funny.

Thanks all for the feedback, need yo do some thinking!

You can use this: https://www.artist.bandsintown.com/widget

1 Like

After 5 days on the server I removed it.
It’s back on again. So try again and let me know.

Hey Bootsie; that looks great! How did you do that?

It’s just a simple accordion with a little styling.