Google Analytics & Tag Manager

Willing to Hire Help: Tags on my site are not visible to Google Analytics or Tag Manager. I already followed the recommendations of the previous post: Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager in Blocs. Yet it was not working. When I contacted Google Workspace they replied that NO tags were showing up on the site…even tho I put the tags on every page in the page settings manager. First I tried the header and footer…that didn’t work…then the header in page setting and on the page towards the top I used the code widget to put it in the body. That did not work either. I know for certain, the code is in the page settings because when I close and reopen the app…the code is still showing.

I am working with a deadline and MUST get this to work…our small non-profit is launching a campaign.

I have a very LIMITED budget…but at this point…I would consider paying for help. I would like to screen-share and show my Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Blocs.

Please Advise!!!

Thank you

1 Like

@LumerianMedia

Even though I have created the thread you are mentioning, I am afraid I am not in a position to really offer support here as I haven’t been using Google Analytics and Tag Manager for many years now.
StilI, I had a quick look and indeed must confess in the meantime it’s all Greek to me.

However, I found this video which seems to cover the essentials: Google Tag Manager Tutorial for Beginners (2020) - YouTube

Following the steps in the video and retracing these in your project might be a way to lead you to the missing piece.

Hope it helps…

Maybe you just need a little patience.
I also just startet working with Tags and Google Ads. First the Tags didn’t show, but 1 day later they did.
Google Ads tells me it works now, but to be honest I have to trust them, cause I don’t know how to test it.
If you @LumerianMedia are able to check, here is the link to my Page with Tags:
https://www.neue-fahrschule.ch/anmeldung/

cheers, Ben

1 Like

@ area49
Thank you for responding…I have followed both of those tutorials…

the problem seems to be with the BLOC interface…somehow I have to enter it differently.

Again, much appreciation for your reaching out.

1 Like

@ benfluri
Thank you for your encouragement, Ben.

I have been at this for more than 2 weeks…trying this and that. I am fairly comfortable with new apps and it is a mystery to me why I can’t get it to work.

I went to your page, Ben…of course I can’t see the ‘invisible’ tags…the question is HOW did you enter them into Blocs?
If this were a wordpress site or dreamweaver…I could enter the code in the appropriate place…but blocks is different…no way to see the entire page ‘in code’ …that I know of.

Much appreciation for your reaching out.
Kynthea

but you know, you can enter your code using the code editor?
here’s the article in the knowledge base:
https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/code-editor/#code-input-zones

I entered them in the correct section using the code editor. No need to see the entire page “in code”.

@benfluri
Thank you for your response and link.
However…that does not solve the problem…as that is EXACTLY how I entered the code.

I appreciate your kindness.
Kynthea

I use this on my clients websites. Easy to implement without any problems.

@wolfganghofer

Thank you for the tip. That will work very well for some of my sites…but not this one as our non-profit was granted an ad account with google ads that works with google analytics. However for some of my other sites where privacy is a must, that is a great solution. All the Best…Thanks!

1 Like

The problem of “GTM Preview and Debug mode is not working” might be caused by a distraction and the wrong Google Tag Manager account/container. If you track multiple websites and/or have access to multiple Tag Manager accounts, you might be using the snippet from another account and/or container (by accident, of course).