Google analytics, what shall I paste?

Hello,
I have registered my web site in Google Analytics and got their ID.

My question is simple, in the dedicated Blocs setting for Analytics, shall I just paste the ID or the complete text got from google and beginning with:

“Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics —“

Thanks for helping.
Dan

All the code that google gave you to copy and paste. It’s not a lot. There are a couple options.

Here is an example

Tracking code snippet

Paste the following snippet right after the tag on each page of your site. You don’t need to do each page when you insert it into Blocs Google tracking code insert function. But don’t forget there is other tracking codefrim other companies your client might want or need. Lots of them.

In Blocs all you have to do is click at the top on the main project settings and choose the analytics tab. You then insert the code in the provide area. That’s it, you don’t have to put it in each page.

31 PM

Casey

Don’t forget about submitting and verifying your site map. Some site maps are better than others…page, image and video (if applicable) are best.

Hello,
to anonymize IP, is it sufficient to add following code at the bottom of Google code?

ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);

Please advise,
thanks
dan

Hello @dcaccount

It is correct, but also if you want the information stored by Google Analitys for a limited time, you must indicate an expiration term, for this you must add the parameter: “cookiesExpires”.

Look at this code, part of the full Google script:

ga(‘create’, ‘NN-XXXXXXXXXXXX’, ‘auto’{
‘cookieExpires’: 60 * 60 * 24 * 28 // Time in seconds. });
ga(‘set’, ‘anonymizeIp’, true);

1 Like

Thanks, why should I want the information stored for a limited time, is it required by GDPR?

By the way, I have notice that the tracking code snippet I have pasted is following:

<!-- Global Site Tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=GA_TRACKING_ID"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'GA_TRACKING_ID');
</script>

Would ga(‘set’, ‘anonymizeIp’, true); still work or shall I use gtag('config', '<GA_TRACKING_ID>', { 'anonymize_ip': true });

Thanks,

Hi.

This is indicated in the GDPR:
The user must be informed at all times of what their data will be used for.
It must specify the use to be made of the data, the expiration of the same or possible transfers with other entities.

In addition, the “Data Protection” for users and customers of the company website will take a lot of value, they will take it into account.

So activate this expiration parameter and warn in the “Privacy Policy” of the web is a point in favor.

I leave here the answer of the GDPR to a question:

Is there a time limit to consent?

Although there is no fixed time limit where consent expires, context is important and it should be assumed that it does not remain valid forever. An important thing to note is that a person’s most recent indication of consent is paramount – if a customer agrees to marketing on three previous occasions but opts out the fourth time, it is this last decision that sticks.

Even when consent has not been explicitly withdrawn, GDPR considers consent to last ‘for the time being’, which has been interpreted to mean ‘until a time where there could be a significant change in circumstances’.

Thanks for clarifying.

But if the data/IP adreesses have been anonymized, there are there no personal data of users.

Or am I wrong?

Please advise, thanks

Yes, that’s really how you indicate.

But the GDPR does not trust Google very much (due in part to the Cambridge Analytica and Facebook issue)
That’s why I think that it’s never again to activate the expiration parameter and that users know about it.

This decision corresponds to the company that owns the website, but my opinion is that it is a point in favor of the company to have this Analytis parameter activated and communicate it to the user.

1 Like