Google Fonts Download

Hm issue of understanding… when donloading google fonts to make them local, I need to go through the process of going to fonts.google.com, getting the code and adding it for each font I want then to download and install as local font?

Just need some confirmation since Ithought that could be all done inside Blocs :wink:

1 Like

Blocs can install locally the Google fonts you already have installed in Blocs Font Manager.

1 Like

Right now the font manager shows me nothing when I chose google fonts. I do have a few local fonts installed though, those are all there. So that’s a yes to my original question then? :wink:

1 Like

I think this image explains it, the the download from cloud icon:

:partying_face:

2 Likes

RIght, if only the font manager would show me any google fonts. It’s empty. Hence my original question.

1 Like

You need to install some: Font Manager – Blocs – User Documents

1 Like

Thanks @Norm :slight_smile: A simple yes to my original question would’ve sufficed.

1 Like

Haha it’s been a long day :crazy_face:

5 Likes

My font manager in version 5.0.3 does not have the download from cloud icon!!

Blocs uses this 3rd party service to provide this feature. I’ll check with them as their API may be undergoing maintenance.

Thanks @Norm, also are there any plans to support variable fonts?

No immediate plans. Looks like the API url changed. Blocs 5.0.5 will address the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks @Norm,

It would be cool to have an idea board / roadmap in the Community site, where we could post feature ideas and be able to upvote them for Blocs

1 Like