Grav Cms

Is there and support Grav CMS with Blocs? It is similar to pulse being a file based CMS, but it is free to use.

2 Likes

I’d like to second this, @Norm mentioned that further integration with other CMS systems will be coming in the new year, no software was mentioned but Grav and Pagekit (http://www.pagekit.com) are high on my list for integration into Blocs.

2 Likes

Wow, is Grav really free along with the Skeletons?
It’s looks like Pagekit is also Open Source!
Okay all you professional web designer and builders, let’s here from you?
Which do you prefer and why?

2 Likes

I’m not a professional web designer but I’ve created dozens of static websites. I’ve tried just about all of the free flat-file CMS out there, and one commercial (Statamic). Currently I’m building a 1,500+ page archive using Grav with Github sync.

I’d be happy to share my experiences, and even happier if Blocs were to simplify the customization of Grav themes.

Thanks @aynsley for replying
Question… Can Blog page for a Client be set up in Grav CMS? Also, can a Client have access to making simple changes to a website?
Can you give a few examples of CMS project you’ve done with Grav CMS?
I appreciate your time.

Several of the Grav skeleton packages are optimized for blogs. I haven’t tried them, so I can’t compare with WP or other solutions.

If you install the optional Grav Admin Panel, you can give clients access permission and they can create or modify content. They can also switch themes or install plugins, but that’s about it.

If you’re worried about clients messing up the basic Grav code, I don’t think that’s an issue. You’d need to access the Grav files using ssh or ftp.

I’m sorry I can’t give you a link to my current Grav project. I haven’t resolved all the copyright problems. However, my site is exactly the same as the Grav Learn2 theme available on the Grav site. I’m not totally happy with the design of the theme, but learning yaml and twig is low on my list of priorities. Creating content comes first.

Your quick response is appreciated. Like you I’ll put it on my list to check out. Blocs 3 is my main project builder.

Any update on Grav Support?