Hamburger & mobile nav [SOLVED]

Hi, what’s the most efficient way to change the colour of the nav.

At the moment it’s black on black!

Cheers

Hey @Stubbsy

The easy way is to use the sub classes in the class manager.

Click the plus button in the class manager and select the following…

In the above example (The background of the mobile menu), it will add a class called. blocsapp-special-menu blocsnav

You can then edit the class

2 Likes

Hi @PeteSharp,
tried that mate and made the background grey, which worked

Then I made the text white, which didn’t

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Cheers

Hey @Stubbsy,

The text is a link, so you need another class for it. Found in the same place its called “Special Navigation Links”

The class it will add looks like this

.blocsapp-special-menu blocsnav li a  
1 Like

Cheers @PeteSharp, much appreciated

1 Like

I think this is a prime example of why we need those plain English help descriptions for sub classes in particular that often have strange titles.

3 Likes

Yes, @Stubbsy question came up just after you added it to the wish list @Flashman. @Norm :wink:

an other question about this:

The subclass “Special Navigation Links” let’s you edit the states “normal” and “hover” of the links. But as it appears, not of the “active” state (to change the look of the link from the active page)…
I also found out, to set the “Active Link Class” in the Project Settings and style this class.

The strange thing is… I can f.e. activate the underline-option or the font-weight and even the background-color… but a different color for the font is not being applied. Is there a solution for this?? @Norm @Eldar @PeteSharp @Flashman

That’s because you have to set a separate class for the active navigation in the project settings.

@pumpkin I did. Or isn‘t this what you mean?

Sorry, I did not read that properly :wink: That’s exactly it. Works for me. Changes the active menu on the normal menu as well as on the mobile menu.

allright. Thanks a lot :hugs:
Now I know, it‘s probably a selfmade problem… maybe an other class is causing this. I guess I have to play detective :male_detective:

still struggling with it… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

are your links in the menu styled by one of the classes “blocsapp-special-menu blocsnav li a” or “navbar-nav li a”?? and the active link class is still working?

I just tried it on a whole new project, but always getting the same result:

1. If I only use the active link class (let’s call it “active” and it’s set as class for the active navigation in the project settings)… then the text color ist applied to the active link, in the special mobile navigation, but not in the normal navigation. (but that’s fine for me, I’m only using the mobile nav)

2. As soon, as I use one of the classes “blocsapp-special-menu blocsnav li a” or “navbar-nav li a” to style the “normal” and “hover” state of the links… the active color link is not displaying even on the special mobile navigation.

I really don’t know, if I’m just to stupid for this :confounded:

Nope. I have that problem also! Nice to know it’s not just me being stupid!
I’m hoping navigation will become a lot easier with the new Easy Burger bric from @PeteSharp.
Jumping ship from that other Brady which is Muse, navigation in Blocs has always been a problem for me. If I manage to get a menu that works well, I can never remember what I’ve done to get there to replicate it.
There’s another thread about classes, and I’ve mentioned on there that it would be good to have a list of the ‘hidden’ ones for menu bits pinpointing exactly what they target. There seem to be so many that overlap.

1 Like

I know your pain. I don’t find it obvious or easy to style the navigation. Especially if you want to have different colours / backgrounds on desktop and mobile. This is driving me mad :wink: I had to inspect the code and try different classes to get it finally working the way I wanted. But setting a style for the navigation links in the project settings and then try to apply another class to overwrite that look at another breakpoint… no success.

But it looks like I’m not alone, finding the navigation to set up in Blocs quite cumbersome. Or maybe it’s just a bootstrap thing… I don’t know.

From what I’ve read, I’m inclined to think it’s a bootstrap rather than Blocs thing, and Norm is having to work within those constraints.

1 Like

That sounds very familiar to me.

1 Like

very much my problem too :see_no_evil:

As far as I know that’s true… but I’m asking myself, if only in Blocs it’s almost impossible to realize an active state for the link… because if everyone who uses bootstrap got the same issue… I guess there would have been a change to it, long time ago.

1 Like

Yep, there must be some fail-safe formula out there that we’re missing!