Help contact form

I can’t solve the problem with my contact form. After uploading i keep receiving the message :slight_smile: Sorry it seems that our mail server is not responding, Sorry for the inconvenience!

I used the self hosting option and put my email in the sender and reciever box. What I am doing wrong ?

Hi @e2ther may I ask what the email address is and who is the provider

I have had some issues my end with Gmail receiving emails, however the below worked for me
Try using your website URL as the “from” address, even if it doesn’t exist. ex admin@yourdomainname.com

hi John, the e-mailadres is info@internationaldrinks.nl and the provider is hostnet. They day that there service is PHP ready version 8 (?)

Make sure that the server is compatible or if it only uses SMTP sending, I’ve been told that there are servers that only recognize SMTP for sending mail, in which case there is a tutorial here in the forum:

This will undoubtedly solve your problem and is safer and easier to apply.

1 Like

of maybe… I have to place a .php fextension file on my host ?

@nelo repost would be the way to go here. @Jerry has created an extremely helpful walkthrough on how to create posting via SMTP. Worth giving it a go and see how you get on. Im no coder or email expert however experience in facing these issues has given me a number of different solutions. (all gained from this forum).

Good luck

ok will have a look, thanks for the info so far.