Help with "Squashed" images

Hi Everyone:

After spending hours searching the web, and then this forum, watching Eldar videos :smiley:I still really can’t find an answer to what is most likely a simple question for you web-heads.

I am working on a site for a friend.
There are many images of his work and I am trying different image presentation options, like Swiffy Carousel, Swiper 3, etc.

I have this image to present (as an example):

Once in Blocs, it looks like this:

I have all MANNER of image editing stuff, Squash, resize master, Photoshrinkr, Photobulk, Pixelmater Pro, Affinity Photo 2, but I can’t see to reduce this pix so it look unsquashed?
Most all of the image editing stuff is focused on FILE SIZE it seems, and I get that, and I can adjust that OK. But the “Other” size adjustment process just seems to elude me.

Would you guys please lend a hand with some advice?

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Not sure if this would work
JPEGmini
I like FastStone Photo Resizer, so easy to use

For me, it looks more like a wrong CSS style setting. Do you have a working link to a page with this image?

1 Like

No, I do not. The site is not available on my server.
It is in the early stages…

Rich the Weather Guy

Will take a look at that KB…

Thanks

Looks like a PC app. I am on a Mac…

Rich

I know, I wish they would develop their apps for MAC. I use Desktop Parallel to use OS apps

Hi @WeatherguyNH

Just did a quick test and yes in Swiffy, this does happen…as its Bootstrap 5. In BS4 this is fine.
I think we need @Whittfield to offer some love to his Brics again if he’s around…he did a push on his brics on Black Friday etc so hoping people who bought them would have the brics updated for the launch of the latest Blocs - they are amazing brics ! so hope we see him back to bring them alive again ! - but the bric is advertised as it was…

so maybe look at Blocs carousel, or other alternatives I guess. Loads of options.

I suspect this is related to the width and height attributes that Blocs now adds to images, which makes it more SEO friendly.

This has caused a rare issue with Any Video posters when WebP is enabled and the images are smaller than the poster.

@WeatherguyNH do you still get this if you disable WebP ? Also you never said if it was just on the canvas, or in preview it looks like this.

1 Like

I’m working on Smart Nav first then Swiffy Carousel. The adding of sizes to images really ought to be overridable by devs. I might need this capability.

2 Likes

Hi @Whittfield - cant wait !!! Im a huge user of your brics and want to bring them all over.
Is Card Designer fully compatible ?

This is only seen in preview. I have not put this site up…still to raw.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Hi Adie:
I guess I will start looking at the other alternatives. “Tons?” I wish…

Rich the Weather Guy

So Guess you are all telling me that this “Squashed” image is NOT something I need to fix, but instead the tool I am using is causing this issue.

Thanks everyone…

Rich the Weather Guy

Until we don’t see the page where this image is placed on, no one will be able to tell you correctly.

1 Like

I will have to get something up.
Wish I could use iconic gallery, but I need the repository bric I purchased to work…which I can’t seem to fix.

Will let you all know when something is up…

Thanks everyone.

Rich the Weather Guy

Also there, a published site is needed, even if it is a subdomain for testing purposes.

Yep, working on that.
Then I will hunt you down for some assistance.

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

You can’t use that orientation with Swiffy. It only supports a horizontal image… specifically 1500x1000 or any scale of that proportion like…

1500x1000
1200x800
990x660
750x500
500x333

1 Like

Thanks Whitfield…

Rich the Weather Guy