Hide scrollbar from gallery

Hi, how can I hide the horizontal and vertical scrollbar from the gallery in my project? I used a class to display flex and overflow scroll

Video: Streamable

Hi,

I’ve not tried this way as yet but I do believe @Eldar had a way of hiding this.

Here is the video

If you hide scroll bars, consider the effects of accessibility, in which case you want to add support for keyboard or even a way to toggle them on and off. Or scroll buttons etc. The web for everybody :grin:

1 Like

Is there an easy way to add left & right icons for doing it this way?

I used this video to hide the scrollbars, but now how can I implement the scroll using the mouse? When i try to drag my images, I have a problem: I can scroll using only shift + mouse scroll
How can I solve this?
Check video: Streamable

Only JavaScript, or a 3rd party script @AdieJAM.

1 Like

can you send me a javascript code to add into my project to do this?

Not really, because there are several ways of doing this depending on the result you want.

Can you tell me only hot to scroll using drag with mouse?

I have been doing research about this recently, and according to many sources, it is actually a bad practice to use horizontally scrolling elements like carousels on websites (at least in a desktop view). Something along the lines of not being intuitive or natural to scroll vertically on computers. There was a statistic saying that the content you place behind the ‘scroll’ usually gets seen 90% less or so. So, for now, I’m trying to avoid using horizontal scrolling on my websites.

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty funny this has come full circle. Years ago carousels were seen like this and were looked down at. Then they became popular again. :upside_down_face:

I think the use of horizontal scrollers is ok, the design has to be very intuitive to pull it off well (Apple often does this well) and also suit the content. It does work better on smaller devices though.

But scrolling horizontally with the mouse wheel not a great idea - apart from being complicated to pull off technically.

I have seen some crazy ideas online in the past, such as rotating the content, so it gives you the illusion of scrolling horizontally. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen it being used so much more at the moment and noticed a lot of websites I visit have moved this way too.

But I think the simple use of an arrow like apple have brought onto their websites is really tidy.

I think without control as Eldar has mentioned it can be bad on desktop.

I’ve been trying to contact Lucas for a while now but no luck so my option is dive into the codes from the swiper website and see if I can get that to work!!

I have a client that really wants something with control.

I solved this using Dragscroll JS library

1 Like