Hosting, Domain, and SSL Certificate recommendations

Hi,

I have been using (very expensive) GoDaddy hosting, domains, and SSL security for my Blocs websites for a few years. Hosting and Domains were always ok, but in recent months, I have experienced so many problems with SSL certificates, so I want to move my site to another provider.

I wonder what are the best options out there?

Hello Eldar,

Take a look at proalojamento.pt is where I have my websites and of my clients.

1 Like

Thanks @Pealco
Hope your business is doing great! :slight_smile:

I am quite happy with https://www.guru.co.uk after going through a string of other web hosts over the years from cheap shared packages through to fully dedicated servers. I have a basic shared hosting account for myself and a separate reseller account for clients. SSL certificates are free and set automatically when you add a domain, making the whole process very easy. It’s fast and reliable.

I wouldn’t use them for domain registration though, unless it is UK based, because their prices for .com etc are expensive. It’s pretty obvious they are not really interested in domain registration as a business.

1 Like

Thanks @Flashman

That’s really helpful!

Hi Eldar,

Hostinger is my Hosting Provider. I have a Premium shared account for my sites and a few personal clients. They’re relatively cheap in a lot of their plans plus you can get a lifetime SSL certificate. They have their own custom cPanel so you don’t even have to set up the certificate yourself.
Also, Cloudflare offers free basic SSL that you should be able to add to any host.

Isiah Johnson

1 Like

Hi Isiah,

I am currently considering Hostinger as my preferred option.
And, I actually was doing more research on Cloudflare as well. I will probably integrate it with Hostinger’s domain/hosting/ssl solution.

Thanks for sharing!

I use Namecheap. They also provide free SSL and utilises Cpanel interface. They currently offer 50% off first year.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the info! :slight_smile:

I have my reseller account at Combell.com (disclaimer: this is where I’m employed too).
Not the cheapest, but very stable, non-oversold shared servers.

2 Likes

I am pleased with the Hosting Company. I used the non-dedicated, but this is a good plan.
Based in the United States.
https://www.knownhost.com/semi-dedicated-servers.html

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Eldar:

I was using MacHighway for many years, but their service has gone downhill.
I recently switch to Pair.
They offer a free SSL cert and several hosting options.
Their support is fantastic.
For domains, I use Hover. I have been happy with them.

Rich the Weather guy

1 Like

Located in The Netherlands I recently switched to Cloud 66 for everything. Fast servers, great support and super easy to use.

1 Like

Hi guys! Thanks for sharing!

Since this thread came back alive, I will share what I am using for hosting and domains these days!

For most of my websites, I am using:
Domains: Namecheap. Thanks to @hendon52 for recommendation. Happy with them.
Hosting: Blocs Master Hosting, my own servers set up with help from Vostel.

Some of my websites are still hosted on Hostinger (Blocs Templates).
And, my main EldarGezalov.com website is on Google Firebase (free hosting).

All of these are much better than GoDaddy.

2 Likes

I have about 10 sites with ineedwebhosting.co.uk. I also get my domains through them and had no problems whatsoever.
Support is also very good.

This thread was brought back to life by a spammer, who was swiftly terminated. I also switched to NameCheap for domain registration and no complaints. Still with guru for web hosting, though not at all influenced by the chocolate they sometimes send me.

1 Like

I’m kind of glad that this thread opened back up.
I’ve been following Eldar’s comments a while back because I am still with GoDaddy and about to jump ship in the next month or so.
I’ve been researching all of the hosting sites that have been mentioned here and I will post what I’ve found out soon. Due to the marketing geniuses at each company, it’s not easy to compare apples to apples. It’s more like apples to Jabuticaba (Brazilian grape).
I did come across this today when I joined a website called “WebHostingTalk”. There was a thread that kept referring to "EIG-Newfold.Digital as a company members were not too happy with. When I looked them up I saw that EIG-Newfold Digitial owns over 80 domain and website hosting companies.

Here is the list of their most well-known brands:

• Network Solutions
  • Bluehost
  • Web .com
  • HostGator
  • CrazyDomains .com
  • iPage
  • Vodien
  • Cloud Hosting
  • Snap[NAMES]
  • Register .com
  • Sitebeat
  • BigRock
  • Vodien
  • Logic Boxes
  • NameJet
  • Domain .com
  • ResellerClub
  • SiteBuilder .com
  • BuyDomains .com
  • Freeparking
  • Yoast SEO

Based on a Better Business Bureau (US-non-profit watchdog on business practice for those of you across the pond) search, it appears that the folks at Newfold Digital have a dismal reputation.

With that said, here’s a brief list of alternatives of some popular hosting companies not associated with Newfold Digital:
Dreamhost
Hostinger
InMotion Hosting
Liquid Web
Rocket .net
WP Engine
NameCheap
Siteground

My goal is to try and put together a table of some sort that includes the non Newfold Digital affiliated host list, along with the mentions here (Pair, Kuala, Knownhost, etc)

Stay tuned and thanks.

That’s really nice of you to take on this kind of project.
Personally I really like KnownHost.
I have friends who love it also. One use Simi-Dedicated and one use VPS Dedicated

I switched all of my sites over to PAIR this month.
Very happy with their fast support. Free SSL is nice.

Rich the Weather Guy