How to get blocs emails to go to Google Workspace Gmail?

HI All!

I’ve linked my domain to Google Workspace for HIIPA compliancy, and am trying to get my domain email account to transfer to GMAIL.

I have the correct DNS record successfully set up on my website host’s server so emails transfer to GMAIL, and it’s working for emails not sent from my website.

Emails from my Blocs site are not going to GMAIL, but to my desktop email client (Outlook).

Is there some settings or configuration I need to use in the Blocs email form so that emails sent from my website/domain do go to GMAIL?

Hope that’s clear…any support guidance will be much appreciated (I’m not a developer or designer, I just use Blocs for my own website). Thanks!

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/forms/

Have you read through this article? this might be of help?

1 Like

Yes…I have indeed…several times. I even tired to setup the SMTP per the instructions, but it didn’t fix the problem. Thanks for the response!

The email form is working, it’s just not sending the emails to GMAIL, but directly to my hosted server email account and then on to my desktop email client. :man_shrugging:t2:

I would check with your web host. They may not allow this.

1 Like

oh, what do you mean by ‘this’? I’m not quite sure…

They may not allow mail to be routed through a contact form to gmail. Just check with them and ask them to run a diagnosis on why this isn’t working. If they check the logs that should pinpoint where the problem is.

1 Like

If all fails, you could try this:
Set in your mail account settings to forward the mail automatically to your gmail

1 Like

@brechtryckaert may have some ideas here.

1 Like

but mail is coming to my GMAIL account from senders not using my website contact form.

Forwarding emails by using Outlook settings to GMAIL wouldn’t really correct that my website contact form is not sending the emails directly to GMAIL…its strange because I do have a correct MX record directing email from my website to GMIAL. :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

that’s interesting…
The host confirms I have a working MX record to send emails to google, and seem to be confused as to why the website contact form emails are not also captured by the MX record directing emails to google.

I think you may need to go through all your server settings carefully, but the logs should point you in the right direction. Look at the SPF and maybe check if it allows for the server IP, then check any auto discover settings in the zone editor. DMARC settings could also cause issues if you have enabled that.

I’ve never had a problem with Blocs contact forms being the cause, except on one occasion when I updated to PHP 8 using an older version of Blocs. That was an error in the code syntax relating to PHP 8 that was fixed a couple years ago. On older PHP versions it had always been fine.

1 Like

thanks, Flashman! that’s all a bit over my pay grade, but I appreciate the details…maybe I’ll be able to sort through it

Hi Fishman – I received this message from my domain host ‘tech support’ (webzpro) as to why ‘outgoing’ email from my website are not going to gmail, and only to my domain webmail & my desktop client (outlook):

“You have the contact form at : /home/…/includes/form_1.php. You need to speak with the developer and add SMTP auth method in this code.”

and,

“Once you added SMTP auth, you will start getting email to Gmail. Also, please make sure please keep ‘To’ email address and ‘From’ emal address different in your code. If it is same, gmail will block such emails.”

In the blocs contact from settings, I have SEND TO & FROM the same email address per instructions in blocs user guide.

Since I’m not a developer, is this something I should do differently in Blocs, and how can I add the suggested SMTP auth code, to have the email form send outgoing email to my gmail account? Thanks for any guidance :pray:t3:

It looks like you are sending mail via the php form and some web hosts no longer support that in which case you would need to send via SMTP, which is possible in Blocs 5 and simply requires a different set up process. You may just need to check the settings with that.

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/forms/#smtp-mail-server

Perhaps @Norm could offer some additional insight if I have this wrong and something else is needed.

1 Like

Thanks Flashman!

It will be great if I can do it within Blocs, and not need to code anything!

For the SMTP settings, I’m wondering if I’m suppose to use my domain host credentials vs GWorkspace credentials…?

Also, the ‘SEND TO’ & ‘FROM’ fields, according the WebZpro (my host tech support) are suppose to be different email addresses, “or google won’t accept incoming emails from my website”…do you have any insight on that?

Yes that would be logical. You are sending from your domain at WebZpro to Gmail.

1 Like