IMPORTANT: Features Suggestion for new Blocs v2.3

@Norm maybe adding a preference section with the option for beginner,intermediate,advanced be useful to the user so they can choose their own before blocs starts up ?

I would go one step further and say that there is no need for Asset Manager and images should just be linked in directly from a “get image” command. In a large site, no matter how they get organized in tabs and such it will get confusing.

2.3 is imminent, I don’t think a hefty amount is gonna make it now concerning new features.

I would agree concerning the asset manager, possibly needing some further thought or advancements.

If you have lots of images it can get confusing. Maybe it’s just me, but also the previews could be bigger to fill their transparent cells, or even have a larger magnified popover with the name as you roll over them or a corner area. I just noticed today also that animated gifs are animated in the asset manager and seem to perhaps have impact on the app - unless it’s just me, could be.

What would be nice is if the application kept all relative assets in an app support folder on the users system and used a getFileType to load the assets instead of being hard coded in the app bundle. I personally don’t need any pictures by default and would prefer to define my own defaults. This type of file system gathered by the app via a public folder would allow users to externally manage - comp assets, favicon, preloaders, patterns, logos, etc., either app wide or defined per project via a referenced project folder and structure. This seems like it would also work well with the missing asset feature.

Lastly it might be nice to allow CSS and JS assets, libraries to be dragged on the app and by doing so automatically reference these assets in the page settings, head, body, create the links, etc.,

Using CDN on export as an option would be nice also for the libraries that Blocs uses, Bootstrap, JQuery, Animate.css, FontAwesome, etc., to lessen server load calls and use instead user cache for these common libraries when available.

Sorry @norm, just dreaming and thinking aloud there a little, just some random thoughts, not sure any are applicable.

:wink:

Blocs_User

1 Like

I would agree this should really become a priority as social media and networking is so important in todays world.

2 Likes

The asset manager is the oldest part of Blocs now, it’s refresh is on the cards for 2017.

Good idea about dragging JS files to attach to pages.

I’ve been meaning to add CDN links for ever, actualy thinking of using them by default with the option of using local copies too.

2.3 is finished now, the release candidate will be available today with last few fixes.

I’d like to see in the asset manager a way to “delete all unused assets.”

@Norm, new Blocs v2.3 is amazing with lot of new features. Can you tell how to create sub-menu?

Check out menu manager from the knowledge base.

Thanks! Got it

1 Like

@Norm, How we can change “Opacity” of background? :slight_smile:

You can control back ground opacity for background colours with colours applied via custom classes.