Inherited Website - Can I update it with new Block version?

Our small charity organisation has inherited the website, built with the first version of Blocks. The website creator says that if we use a newer version of Blocks, it will affect the layout of the website (I assume he tried and something happened). My mac doesn’t want the original version - it says it cannot check the security.
Does anyone know if by using a newer version I will indeed have issues with the configuration, and if so, if this can be avoided? Or what I can do?
Many many thanks!
Ana

Hi @KOALA_RESCUE_Inc

Welcome to the forum.

If the site was built in Blocs v1, I am not sure there is a migration path to the latest Blocs.

Really you would want to rebuild the site in the latest version, to bring the framework of the website up to date.

I had a look at the site, and it’s using Bootstrap 3. If you like, I will donate my time to rebuild the site for you with the latest version of Blocs. It’s a great cause. :smiley: By the way I am a Kiwi.

I have DM’d you a message.

Pete

6 Likes

I am fully committed to this great cause and am willing to contribute my resources free of charge as well. Should you require any of my brics just send me a private message. I will provide you with a copy of each one needed! :koala::koala:

5 Likes

Hi Pete, what a generous and unexpected offer! I will share this with the Committee and get back to you. Thank you so much for your reply.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Jerry! I for sure will keep you updated with how things go and ask for help and resources. What a wonderful community! Thank you!

2 Likes

Brilliant! Looking forward in time to see the new website.

I remember this site being talked about a few years ago! Great to see the charity are still going!

1 Like