Is it possible to operate a website using only 'pages'?

Hello community members,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I’m currently using WordPress as my CMS and designing themes with the Blocs app.

One thing I’m curious about: Can a website be structured using only ‘pages’? I feel there are limitations to constantly posting using ‘posts’, and it seems like I wouldn’t have flexibility in terms of design.

Thus, I’m considering structuring my website using solely ‘pages’. Would it be viable to manage a blog this way, creating each content as an individual ‘page’?

I’m seeking your advice on this.

I’m also worried about SEO performance if there are no ‘posts’. Would it make it harder for my website to appear at the top of search results?

I’d appreciate any assistance!

Thank you.

I presume you are referring to Wordpress. Other than a couple of minor things which have nothing to do with SEO, there is no difference between a “Page” and a “Post.” Feel free to make whatever page type you wish.

If you are concerned about the RSS feed you can use a plugin to add pages to your RSS feed. Just do a search, there are several.

Be sure your internal links make sense. The links tell Google what structure your website has for keeping information relevant.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I thought there was a difference between pages and posts. There’s no difference in perception! Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
When building a WordPress theme with Blocs, I noticed the count for ‘posts’ and ‘pages’ in the top right corner and thought they were different.

I apologize for the misguided question. Have a great day! Thank you.

1 Like