Is there a problem with Safari and parallax backgrounds?

This is something that started with Safari, about a year ago I think, on the previous version of my site, but on updating it the same is happening again.

A static background image shows fine, a parallax image leaves gaps top and bottom of a full-padding screen, but only on Safari as far as I know. It looks fine on Chrome and Brave etc.

The static bg

The parallax bg

Is there any way around this as I’d really like it parallax.

Thanks all.

FYI Using Safari I don’t see any Parallax on the second of your links. There is what looks like a Volt issue on the Testimonials whicd show on the second link - para.

Edit update - Actually I can see Parallax but it is a bit jumpy and barely noticeable.

Hi @webdeersign , thanks for the reply.

On the second link, it’s the pale top and bottom borders that are the problem in Safari - the picture should be full screen and parallax (which works on Chrome & Brave).

As for the Testimonials, that’s fine - it’s just a duplicate of the other page and the paths aren’t set there for them - works fine on the main site, but thanks for pointing out.

It looks like this could have been fixed in the latest version of Safari.
Woke up this morning (cue an old blues song) and my Mac had updated a few bits overnight, Safari being one of them, so I tried the second link and it works fine.

Case closed, I think.

Just because the latest version of Safari on a particular macOS is fixed, don’t assume it is fixed on all versions of Safari. It won’t be.

1 Like