Is there a timemachine-like function in Blocs?

I’d like to use the autosave feature, however, I am concerned that as I am learning, not everything I am doing is correct or works best…so if it saves a bad move…is there a way to go back to a previous step…like ‘history’ in photoshop.

thank you

Blocs has an auto backup feature

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/auto-backup/

There is lots of useful information in the Blocs Knowledge base.

1 Like

I appreciate the tip…
SUPER THANKS!
K

Is there similar functionality in iPad version? I was really upset when lost 2 hours of work while working on new blank project.

Sorry, I haven’t used the iPad version since the early betas. You will need to ask @Norm or someone who uses it might know. But I would imagine feature parity across the platforms would be a goal.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you have lost some work in Blocs for iPad.

I’m afraid Blocs on the iPad does not have a backup or auto save feature. I’m going to look into adding a little popup to notify users that the project is currently unsaved after a period of use. Right now, there is a blue dot that appears over the save/exit button when there are unsaved changes, but this is likely too subtle for new users.

Again sorry for the loss of work and please rest assured we will look to improve the user experience here.

2 Likes

Just a quick follow up on this.

Today we have released Blocs for iPad V1.2.3, which now includes reminder notifications when you have unsaved changes in your project. Reminders are every 10 mins for a project that has never been saved before and every 30 mins for projects that have been saved before but currently have unsaved changes (30 min notifications only show if Blocs is open but in the background and not active).

Again sorry for the loss of work, I’m sure this improvement will help many others who work with Blocs for iPad, so thanks for letting us know.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad to highlight this scenario.

2 Likes