Issues with self-hosted fonts and Card Designer

I am having issues with self-hosted fonts and Card Designer.
The title Font is set to “Exo2-SemiBold”. This font is also used extensively in other sections of the page beside in the cards. Even though the font is being loaded in style.css, and even though it seems to be referenced in the HTML code for the Cards, the fonts are not displaying. The fallback browser font (Times) is used instead.

Here is the code Card Designer writes for a title:

<h2 class="cd-title tc-glaucous" style="font-size: 24px; margin-left: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; font-family: Exo2-SemiBold;"><a style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: transparent; line-height: 28px; font-family: Exo2-SemiBold;" target="_self" aria-disabled="false" href="https://www.mediplac.de/showroom/"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Ubuntu-Medium;" target="_self">Showroom</span></a></h2>

2 things immediately caught my interest:

1. There is an H2 tag which is given the font style of Exo2-Semibold, which is correct.
  2. But why is there a Span tag attached to a link and using the font Ubuntu? (I am not using Ubuntu anywhere on this site.) And why is the title even linked in the first place? The button should be linked, and the entire card should be clickable.

No idea what’s going on here. Just thought I’d ask in the hopes that someone else had some issues like this also …