Just downloaded Blocs 4.3.2.beta - the background image doesn't show

When I click on View on Safari/Chrome the hero background image is blank. Everything else is there but the background image.

Please advise

Are you applying this via a custom class? It sounds like something I have been seeing.

https://forum.blocsapp.com/t/blocs-4-3-2-beta-build-2/14957/3?u=flashman

1 Like

No, I haven’t used a custom class. But I think I’ve solved the problem by removing the image from the Asset Manager and then adding it again from my website’s resource folder.

The same thing has solved I for me, then I might come back a couple months later and the hero image is missing again, however it is evident in edit mode as well. I am wondering if it is the same bug and using a custom class was incidental. In my case I think I’ve only seen this so far in projects that started life in Blocs 3, then worked on in Blocs 4. It’s not the end of the world, but it shouldn’t be happening. @Norm

1 Like

Its been a recurring bug in my experience for sure.

1 Like

Today this has begun to happen on a site in the infancy of its build. A new project using the Bootstrap 5 framework. For about three weeks of intermittent editing all was going as expected until today when the background image only showed in edit mode. Nothing to be seen in any preview.
The image was not changed, nor did it have a class applied. The blank background was reproduced in tests across other blocs and on other pages within the project including new empty test pages. Reloading, renaming, replacing assets - same story.

However, when exported and uploaded to a server it was visible.

I opened up a new project with no issues. I also checked out adding backgrounds to existing projects again no problem.

So - has anyone who has experienced backgrounds going amiss found the cause - and a solution ?
Or have I inadvertently ticked a box somewhere that I should not have done ?

Richard

This has just happened again - no images or backgrounds colours showing in preview mode.
Nor on any new pages added to the project.

No problem with setting up a new project or opening existing ones.

Have anyone else had this happen and, if yes, found a way resolve the problem ? Or, as commented above, is it a bug?

Richard

Never happened to me. I had problems once with Background images that showed in preview and edit mode, but din’t get exported. That didn’t happen since Blocs 5 though.

If you think it’s a bug, please file a bug report (link at the top of the forum homepage) so that @Norm can have a closer look.

1 Like

What version of Blocs are you using. You have bumped a 2 year old thread about an old beta version.

Sorry I should have mentioned that. Currently on 5.08. On a new iMac with Ventura

Maybe move this to the 5.0.8 beta thread

OK Good idea - will do