Layer tree and settings panel on the right: let the user adjust the width of the panel

I find myself spending a lot of time trying to get around usability issues in Blocs. For example: the classes section in the blocs settings panel at the right. If you make custom classes with long names (my-custom-button-blue—etc), it is hard to delete the class, because in most cases the (X) to the right is not visible. So I have to use the backspace key. Add to this the fact that some items have 3 or 4 custom classes, editing and deleting things starts to get pretty cumbersome.

My wish: make BOTH the layer tree and the properties panel adjustable - like Photoshop does. Give the user the choice if he wants a properties panel that’s really wide, or a layer tree that’s really narrow, etc.

In general, I would like to see future updates of Blocs concentrate on interface improvements instead of adding more new features.

2 Likes

Improvements for interface customisation are in the works.

It also looks like you have scroll bars forced on the UI, the deleting class issue is not a problem when scroll bars are allowed to naturally hide after use.

2 Likes

Thanks Norm for the tip! I can’t find anything in the preferences regarding forcing / not forcing Scrollbars in the UI. Can you give me a tip as to where I can turn this off?

I guess, Norm is referring to a general Mac OS preference here:

System preferences -> General

You can toggle the visibilty of scroll bars.

This will affect all apps.

Thanks, I changed the setting and solved the problem :metal: