Link to a tab

I’ve created my own thread here in hopes of getting more eyes on this serious problem in hopes of an answer for all Blocs users.

This is an interesting thread.
The function link to tab is indeed highly wanted.
I´ll put this into the whish list foe blocs 4
Thanks for all your efforts.

1 Like

@pixelwork
Desired - agreed.
@JDW
Serious problem - really??
New thread - Why; it gets notices, found in a search, worked on, tested, what’s the gain?

1 Like

I want to encourage someone knowledgeable out there to kindly provide a quick solution. You’d think with Corona we’d have more people at home reading and participating in this forum, but such is not the case. I want as many eyes on the subject as possible so a solution can be found long before Blocs 4 hits, hence my new thread. That new thread may seem redundant, but I’m eager to see if it does some good. I sent Norm an email about it too, so fingers crossed!

Hi.
This looks promising; I’ll give it a go when I get on the laptop.
:crossed_fingers:

Hello, sorry to interrupt this topic, but @Norm helped @JDW about this in a different topic. There you have his help about this:

Hope it helps you all … it helps me… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Pealco , yeah that opens tab on the same page. Funny enough there was already a thread about that somewhere if I recall.

This is about targeting a tab on another page and then scrolling to it.

1 Like

Hi @Pealco
In the waffle in that thread is a reply to the question I asked @Norm
And I quote,
Reply from Norm.
" Hi Andy,
Yeah that will not work as the tab is controlled by JS and when you navigate to a new link you cant tell the new page to run a JS function as JS hasn’t even been loaded for the page.
​Navigating to a page and setting the active tab based on link, would require PHP I think."
Peace and love my friends :love_you_gesture:t2:
PS
I had to give up and split the design over 3 pages.
It worked out for the best as it turned out I also had an issue with a script from an Instagram plugin I use.

I changed the way this was waiting for the page to finish loading also. I think that helps too.

You’r right… yes in different page it will be difficult to scroll to that specific point (with windows on.load) as if this page have different content then when the page loads it will scroll always to that point.

Yes, I hope to solve it though. But for the moment, URL parameters seems to be more reliable than using hash.

The strange behavior is if you create a html bric inside each tab with a div inside like tab-1 / tab-2 / tab-3 then in the first page you can call that specific div by calling href like page2.html#tab-1

Then you will see opening the second page and scrolls to that tab, but if you create a second link in the first page to the next div it will open the second page but down scroll to the second tab…

An easy solution is just to add another parameter that scrolls to the bloc ID that has the tabs. Regardless of what tab is open.

But that’s too easy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My current semi working code, grabs the parent DIV of the active Tab.

waiting for result, remember to put a donation PayPal button… :joy: :joy: :joy:

:rofl:

ops…

Absolutely right… (EDIT: It was something here before :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:)

And the issue is some times I’m working in my projects, then I came here, check some topics and when I see someone struggle I save my work, open a new project, create code, create buttons, export, test, then take screenshots, insert instructions so other people find it if they need, and I waste 1 or 2 hours and in the end we just have a thank you… (and sometimes don’t even bother replying and thanking) I will start to link my PayPal donation button…

1 Like

Or they come back to the forum 2 months later. LOL

I modified a slider for products with buy buttons, and the person has never been back on the forum since asking for help. :rofl:

Well, what we still don’t know how to do is this. Click a text link that will not only open a tab but also scroll to a specific point within that tab!

This type of “scroll to anchor“ problem as long existed in Blocs in that we can only smooth scroll to the top of individual blocks, rather than to specific content within those blocs.

Why is this important? Because if you have a lot of content in a particular tab you may want to scroll to that content rather than to the top of the tab.

No, this is a simple solve. I have it working here. This scrolls to an ID in a span.

1 Like

Great work, Pete! Would you please post that example document for us?

Also, please let us know when you are finally able to construct a text link that, when clicked, will not only open tab but also scroll to “an ID in a span” within that tab! :slight_smile: