Login area for client site

I was emailed earlier by a potential client, who wants to close down an existing site and replace it with two new ones. At the moment I don’t know precisely what will be needed, however I’ve taken a look at the existing site and seen that it has a membership section where users can login with a username and password.

I have no idea what is on the other side at the moment, but I wondered if there is anyway that this could be done in Blocs, assuming that each member has a unique login? I’m guessing this would require some sort of database, though I was hoping there might be an easier way using the form options in Blocs.

2 Likes

Relative thread:

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try asking on that thread to see if there has been any progress.

Hi everyone! I would really appreciate any help regarding this. In my case, I’m designing a website for a language school and each student would need individual login details for them to check their grades at the end of each term.

1 Like

Hi@jcapel
I have been using Sitelok from Vibralogix to achieve this and it works great: https://www.vibralogix.com/sitelokpw/ The price is very reasonable, in my opinion.

MDS

2 Likes

Hi @MDS, thanks for the suggestion.

It seems to be a good option for me. I’ve been exploring their website and services and since you’ve been using it, maybe you’ll know. I would like each teacher to have their own username & password for them to enter all their grades and those grades would later on be visible to students. Do you think that’s possible with Sitelok?

Thanks again!

Hi @jcapel

I would indeed believe that you would be able to this with sitelok. Perhaps Adrian @vibralogix can confirm to you whether or not it is feasible?

MDS

1 Like

Hi @jcapel,

Quick question: Is it ok if the students can see each other’s grades?

Hi @Bill

No, they would only have access to their own grade book. Do you think that’s possible?

Hi @jcapel
You can see in the Blocs store, if this “Members” module could help you:

Hi @Wam

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been looking into it, but I can see that it doesn’t require a database, so I’m not sure this is what I need. Do you use it?

Sorry @jcapel, I haven’t ever used this bric (yet). It’s one of @Norm, prehaps he can be more helpful.

1 Like

Since you want each grade book to be password protected, then I guess the question to think about is, will the teacher be willing to set up a protected page for each student. A dynamic system would allow 1 page and the content to be edited/pulled in based on the login, but I don’t think a dynamic solution exists, unless maybe Sitelok can be used, might want to ask Adrian at Vibralogix and see if it has that capability.

1 Like

With Sitelok there is no need to make separate pages for each student. You can setup one page (or set of pages) that would be shared by all students. When the student logs in to the page they will only see their own scores which are stored in custom fields for that user. So, in other words, the page is dynamic in that it shows different data for each student.

1 Like

Hi Adrian @vibralogix

That’s exactly what I’ve been looking for. I have some other doubts about how scores would be submitted. Have you got an email I can write to?

Thanks!

Got your email so hopefully we can get this all setup.

2 Likes

http://blocsbakery.com/